What's new

Cedar Point | "GateKeeper" | B&M Wingrider

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Cedar Point | "Unknown" | B&M Wingrider?

Continuing with the fundraiser for a DT's "Final Departure", DT's last day of operation will be July 29 with Space Spiral closing soon after. Screamscape reports that the Haunted House that used to reside in DT's former queue will not open for Halloweekends, with a replacement haunted house being constructed elsewhere in the park. (Possibly in the middle of Mean Streak, where that has been some construction going on)

So Disaster Transport will begin deconstruction soon.

Also apparent internal memos refer to the B&M has "GateKeeper", most likely codename to refer to the roller coaster's location in the park.

CPcisco

Mega Poster

Well these have to count for something...they have to be better than an obligatory mud photo to kick things off. :lol:

IMG_20120717_235911.jpg

Looks like it will have a McDonald's color scheme yet again! :lol:

IMG_20120717_235849.jpg

IMG_20120718_000038.jpg

Apparently it says "Foundation Plates" for the description. No idea on the job number.

Source: http://s1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh555/cpenthusiast/

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Yay! Screws!

Martyn B

CF Legend

Thats what you call preperation... the old rides are still open, yet the new one is arriving!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

^ Preparation for Maverick started 2 years before its opening. White Water Landing closed in 2005 and was deconstructed during the off-season. Skyhawk, an S&S Screamin' Swing, opened in 2006; but the media was more interested in footers that had already been poured in the former Swan Boat pond. Maverick track arrived very early in the season of 2006, being stored in the back of parking lots and open fields owned by Cedar Point.

I am admittedly grateful that we will not have to endure through 2 more years of construction at Cedar Point. :razz:

Martyn B

CF Legend

I was more on about the new coaster arriving, with the old ones still in place, and open (but if you want to go down that route, the Black Hole at Alton Towers closed in 2006 :p).

I would imagine that we still have quite some time before we start seeing track arrive at Alton.

CPcisco

Mega Poster

I just squinted really hard at that picture of the B&M tag I posted up there and it looks like the job number is 5473. If that is right we have not seen track for this one yet, as the two known wingrider projects are 5302 and 5307. Does anyone have a good program that would clear up a photo like that? :p

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Most of it can be read quite easily:

Job No: 5473
Gross Wt: 2000
Qty: 1
Customer: X-Works
Country of Origin: USA

I darkened the picture, and did a sharpening pass on it, but there's only so much you can do. You're never going to recover the bit behind the white spot (from the flash).

Untitled-1-3.jpg

So I reckon you get:

Part No: SKID #1
Desc: Foundation "Plates" (maybe, can't quite read the second word)

God that was dorky... :lol:

Nic

Strata Poster

Yay for boxes of bolts! It's an unusual start to a construction topic anyway, I'll give it that! :)

CPcisco said:

Unless I'm mistaken, I was under the impression that the "WI-" prefix referred to Wing Coasters.

Naemuti

Mega Poster

Nic said:
Unless I'm mistaken, I was under the impression that the "WI-" prefix referred to Wing Coasters.

It could also stand for....Wisconsin! :D

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Women's Institute! It's a coaster for ageing dykes!

Nic

Strata Poster

If it means you get awesome home-made cake with every ride, then I'm down with that.

coaster_rider93

Mega Poster

"Wing Coaster - Semi-Confirmed - (7/23/12) A reader visiting Cedar Point to get a last ride on Disaster Transport noticed a new farewell banner was placed on the ride the detailed part of the ride’s long history in the park. However at the end of the timeline, this interesting looking blue wing looking design was placed. The wording is interesting too… as it says, “What will live at Disaster Transport’s home in the future?” The keyword there is LIVE… which seems to imply that the new coaster will be themed to some kind of animal, being or creature.
As for the blog posting yesterday… countless e-mails have come my way from people claiming that the code translated into an announcement date or some other kind of monkey fart clue, but these are all false. One reader did crack the code however, and it’s essentially Cedar Point giving us all a big stinky red herring. Want to know the solution?
( ! % ! @ @ ! # % ( ! @ ! ! ^ turns into 9 1 5 1 2 2 1 3 5 9 1 2 1 1 6
Now reverse the number sequence and you have: 6 1 1 2 1 9 5 3 1 2 2 1 5 1 9
Clump the numbers into the right pairs were needed and turn into the appropriate letter of the alphabet and 6 1 12 19 5 3 12 21 5 19 turns into FALSE CLUES.
So don’t believe everything you read… or see… and as this message was attached to the picture of the Steel Force / Banshee eyes, we may be able to assume that it too was a false clue. Oh… and I missed it before, but just before this code, the CP Blog did post another similar code the day before which you can translate forwards in the same fashion.
@!!$!(*%% = 2 1 14 19 8 5 5 = B A N S H E E
Again, this was followed by the FALSE CLUES code… so no dice Banshee fans.
A newer post was also made under the title, “We have a thing for numbers” with a picture of late shipping crates on site somewhere and numeric code: 0 7 91 97 21 2.
I don’t think these turn into letters, but instead maybe represent something else. Anyone have an idea? Oh… speaking of those mystery crates. I’ve seen close up pictures of them and they are full of Anchor Bolts and other hardware for a new B&M Wing Coaster." -Screamscape

Here's the link: http://www.screamscape.com/html/cedar_point.htm
scroll down to (7/23/12)

Nic

Strata Poster

Nic said:
CPcisco said:

Also, and now I'm just making stuff up, could F possibly refer to it being the 6th Wing Coaster? There's the 4 that are already operating, then Ocean Kingdom's, now this.

5399805046_0d30e4dd70_q.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

^ Not everything is cryptic - the F could also stand for Flyer.

OR, the roller coaster will have Wi-F! :wink:

Intricks

Strata Poster

Im guessing Footer. Makes most sense to me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2