What's new

Cedar Fair Fast Lane Pass

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
http://www.themeparktourist.com/news/20 ... ing-system

As you know, Cedar Fair is one of the few park chains not to have any sort of cut-the-line system. Kings Island is the first Cedar Fair park to introduce the Fast Lane Pass. You can jump the queue for 10 rides for only $50 between 12 and 7 pm. This seems like a good deal. Cedar Fair management is talking about extending this for ALL Cedar Fair Parks for 2012, but nothing has been finalized yet. As of now, the only park that has this (according to park websites) is Kings Island.

Snoo

The Legend
To be fair, the only parks worth it would be Cedar Point and Canada's Wonderland. No other park really has a broad selection of rides that have lines worth skipping for money.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Worlds of Fun has it, they started it with Haunt this year, and they are opening it to all big rides this upcoming season. Pointless in my opinion.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
Snoo said:
To be fair, the only parks worth it would be Cedar Point and Canada's Wonderland. No other park really has a broad selection of rides that have lines worth skipping for money.

What about Kings Island, Kings Dominion, or Knotts?

Besides those 5, the others definitely wouldn't need it and it would be a waste of money.

Snoo

The Legend
bizarrofan10 said:
Snoo said:

What about Kings Island, Kings Dominion, or Knotts?

Besides those 5, the others definitely wouldn't need it and it would be a waste of money.

Again, my point still stands.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Leviathan at CW has been built with an extra stair case beside entrance and exit staircase. Im thinking that this to be the future fast pass lane. Doesn't Disney have a Fast Pass thing as well and wouldn't that name be trademarked by them?

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Whatever it's called, Cedar Fair needs it. It gives people the option of how long they want wait in line, and if that involves paying extra, then so be it.

I know that upcharge fast pass systems aren't popular with some people on here, which is fine. But I'd happily pay not to stand in line if I didn't want to.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
As the theme park with the most rides in the world, IMHO Cedar Point could really well make use of a Fastrack system. If I ever do visit Cedar Point, and I aspire to, I'd like to ride as many rides as possible, given the size of the park.

Snoo

The Legend
You'd be surprised. Other then MF, TTD, and Mav.. and Raptor in the morning.. the lines for ALL rides aren't longer then 20 minutes.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
^ yeah Snoo's right. My longest wait at cedar point was 25 minutes (Millennium Force). With a good route, you can avoid lines most of the time. It just depends on when in the season you go and if you have early entry.