What's new

Cedar Fair 2016

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
^Agreed. The ride itself is good but for a park known for pushing coaster boundaries quite a bit, it all seems quite tame.

bentcookie

Mega Poster
Man, that doesn't look exciting at all. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one. I never thought CP could drop the ball on a new addition (mainly a new coaster addition), but damn..if all of these layout renderings are indeed true..the ball is definitely dropped on this one CP.
Basically, if you've ridden Griffon or Sheikra you've ridden this. Only "unique" (and it stresses me to use the word "unique") qualities of this ride are the little airtime hill and the zero-g roll.

tribar

Mega Poster
That layout actually looks better than I though. I like the airtime hill and the Zero G Roll. However, I still think that CP would be better to spend money and space on an RMC (custom or Iron Streak) or a flyer. Of course, this can all still turn out to be false.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Literally the only thing that could save this ride for me at this point would be that virtual reality thing. It'll be a people eater, the GP will eat it up, Ohio's never seen anything like it, but I doubt I'll ride it that often. Meh, shorter lines for Millennium, Maverick, Dragster, and GateKeeper. :p

If this turns out to be a deliberate fake leak like Bat or Centurion, Cedar Point has earned a whole new level of respect from me.

bentcookie

Mega Poster
^ I'm really hoping it is a deliberate fake leak also...but with them taking it even farther with the actual manufactured track pieces being a hoax as well. It may seem far-fetched, but it is something I could see CP doing nowadays; especially with the recent boom of social media these past few years.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Making fake track to throw off enthusiasts would just never happen. Its really sad and it would confuse the GP

steel

Mega Poster
Y'all are OUT OF YOUR MINDS! I'll just be over here having a blast on this totally stellar lookin dive machine while you guys mope around, suit yourselves. I literally have no concept of how anyone could look at this coaster and think "boy, they really dropped the ball this year." ????????????????what?????? Have you just not ridden a dive machine?? Or are you actually this jaded? What planet am I on?? Omfg literally how many people in Cedar Point's market do you SERIOUSLY think will have ridden Shiekra or Griffon? Y'all.... that's not how or why parks decide what to build... Please it's never been that way...

bentcookie

Mega Poster
^ I have ridden both Griffon and Sheikra...I really don't think they're anything special apart from a great first drop. & obviously I know parks don't take into consideration what enthusiasts think, but as enthusiats we are allowed to have an opinion on what we think is good and what is not so good. I honestly think the leaked renderings show a much weaker coaster than what CP has done in the past. CP leaves their signature on pretty much every coaster they build. In these renderings I do not see anything unique. I also don't see any kind of signature element or anything of the like. It just doesn't seem to fit into CP's makeup.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
steel said:
Y'all are OUT OF YOUR MINDS! I'll just be over here having a blast on this totally stellar lookin dive machine while you guys mope around, suit yourselves. I literally have no concept of how anyone could look at this coaster and think "boy, they really dropped the ball this year." ????????????????what?????? Have you just not ridden a dive machine?? Or are you actually this jaded? What planet am I on?? Omfg literally how many people in Cedar Point's market do you SERIOUSLY think will have ridden Shiekra or Griffon? Y'all.... that's not how or why parks decide what to build... Please it's never been that way...

The first half is cookie cutter (though the drop will be fab) whilst the second half actually looks really unique and fun.

Ben

CF Legend
What steel said.

I don't get what you people were expecting when a Dive Machine was put on the cards?

This is the tallest, fastest, longest DM with the most elements ever (if it's real) - what more do you people want?

In Europe we're excited by Baron etc and you CP fanboys get this and cry. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

This would be easily the third best ride in the park, but NO. Not good enough. What, other than an RMC, would make you people happy and fit in their ride line up? At this rate I think the only thing that would make you happy is a 500ft Intamin that sucks you off as it goes round.

This will be an awesome, solid ride. Stop throwing your toys out the pram.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Yeah this will be a good addition. I mean is there anything legitimately wrong with this? Sure they're just "one trick ponies" but that doesn't mean the rest of the layout isn't any fun (and it probably will turn out to be great fun).

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ This.

Also, why would anyone build a 200ft + coaster and then put a VR headset on riders?

Why?

Not that there's a chance in hell that that's happening, but how would that, in any way, shape or form, improve a coaster on the scale of the plans shown in this topic?

Some people need to find a new hobby if you're complaining about the world's biggest and longest dive machine.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Since I love Oblivion, a dive machine barely 10 seconds long from release to the brakes, I bet this would blow me away.

Darren B

Giga Poster
I've just read through this topic and I'm shocked by how ridiculous some of the comments are.

Yes, you're entitled to your opinion, but saying that CP have dropped the ball on this one is pure stupidity. By saying that it's 'not for you' is stating an opinion. Stating that CP have dropped the ball implies that you know better than them, which quite honestly is moronic.

I'd have preferred CP to have added an RMC, B&M Hyper or even a Gravity Group woodie but I can still function well enough to appreciate that this is a fantastic decision by the park. DM's are probably one of the most thrilling, breathtaking rides out there and the public will absolutely LOVE IT. And to make it the worlds longest, tallest, most elements etc. will lock this in as a must ride for thousands.

I can't believe some of the members on this forum...

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^ I think it's a decent ride, I really do. I just don't think it fits in for CP. I am aware that it'll gobble up the GP, and I'm aware that it'll be the tallest, longest, and fastest dive machine. I just don't see it fitting in with CP's lineup. I can see it fitting in CW, but something just doesn't seem to make it fit in for CP.

bentcookie

Mega Poster
Yes, dropped the ball in regards to WHAT I WOULD HAVE LIKED/EXPECTED THE PARK TO GET. There's always someone on here at the ready to jump down someone's throat. Geesh.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Or maybe you need to learn what the expression "dropped the ball" actually means? Because it has NOTHING to do with what YOU want. Nothing.

Nobody's jumping down your throat because you don't rate dive machines. They're jumping down your throat based on the idea that your personal preference is somehow a mistake for the park.

bentcookie

Mega Poster
That expression has more than one meaning. "Dropped the ball" can mean failing at something. These leaked renderings failed in fullfilling my expectations for what CP may be getting. Like some others on here, I was hoping for an RMC or a new wooden coaster. Of course having something in the works that is a complete opposite of what I was hoping for is going to make me feel like they dropped the ball.