What's new

Carowinds | Fury 325 | B&M Giga Coaster

therick311

Mega Poster
Re: Carowinds | Unknown 2015

Trademarks are not absolute. More than one thing can use the same trademarked name. Generally, 2 things can be called the same trademarked name if they are different enough things, so that it will not confuse consumers. My favorite example of this is the Linksys iPhone. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_iPhone

Of course, trademarks can also be licensed.

Bottom line, Cedar Fair doesn't have to own, or be the only owner of the trademark to use the name.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

^^^English actually came from Latin and Germanic, and if I'm correct, the Germanic language had no Greek/Latin influence.

With this, though, it doesn't look like it "GateKeepers" directly over the entrance. Could the rumored new entrance still be a year or two off?

Intricks

Strata Poster

Isnt this ride meant to start in North Carolina (or whichever state has the higher height allowance),and ride over into South Carolina (or whichever state has the lower height allowance) for the rest of the ride?

That makes that rendition a bit more plausible as it wouldnt be able to have any major camelbacks like Leviathan.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

I think it starts in South, and goes into North as the South side has After Burn.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

tribar

Mega Poster

I thought it was going to start next to Hurler, which is on the North Side

Intricks

Strata Poster

It has to start in the state with Intimidator as that state doesnt have the same height restrictions as the other.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster

Well, Hurler is for sure on the North side of the park and where pretty much everyone assumes the station / lift will be. (why they took out Sky Coaster and such)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

2012Jarrett said:
^^^English actually came from Latin and Germanic, and if I'm correct, the Germanic language had no Greek/Latin influence.
In the strictest sense, English was Germanic first, as the original settlers of England were from northern Europe. Following the Norman invasion, English took on a French root as well.

So yes, English has latin roots. Trying to connect Fury 325 to a roman theme however is extremely far-fetched.

And if the rumored layout and placement is to be taken seriously, the lift hill would be on the North Carolina side. Notice the dotted line on the overlapped image.

db_2015Layout_overlay1.jpg

coaster addict

Mega Poster

I'm certainly anxious for the August 21st announcement! With the Roman theme, it appears that Centurion will be the name, but anything is possible. Will it be taller than MF? That is the question that I am trying to answer. Again, I now wish that MF would have been 40 feet taller, so more gigas could be built at CF parks while still having more flexibility and options if they wanted to ensure that nothing [giga] was taller than it!

Also, we are glad people were able to get aerial shots earlier in the season. The Carolina Skytower is down as a manufacturer builds a part for the motor or something within the lift system, so we could not go on it to view the progress from the sky; luckily we had a nice view from the peep holes

http://instagram.com/p/qhB7K-SD28/

Of course, it is crazy how time flies - we are nearly to the 2015 announcement season. Heck, Holiday world announces this week!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Welcome to roller coaster announcement season.

Lofty

CF Legend

Have sex with men for pleasure, women for childbearing? I don't think this is what they meant?

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster

Has there been a bigger 180 in theming history between major coasters? From nascar racing to a roman theme.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Sure.

For coaster to coaster, Thorpe reopened Flying Fish then installed Saw.

No matter what they did in the year between, from whatever that was to Saw had to be just as drastic.

Any park that does an extensive kiddie area probably has a pretty big swing to and from that back to adult rides.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster

rollermonkey said:
Sure.

For coaster to coaster, Thorpe reopened Flying Fish then installed Saw.

No matter what they did in the year between, from whatever that was to Saw had to be just as drastic.

Any park that does an extensive kiddie area probably has a pretty big swing to and from that back to adult rides.

I guess you consider a Mach family powered coaster a MAJOR coaster? :)

I get that if you go from family area to coaster it will be different, I am not retarded, that's why I specifically said major coaster in my question/comment.

Looks like they went from Saw to Swarm, two highly immersive themed experiences. Before Saw was Stealth? I cant find a theme there so that is probably up there with this Intimidator to Roman butt **** conversion. cool)

EDIT:

Point being Carowinds went from painting a coaster red and slapping a Dale Earnhardt sticker on it to coming up with a bit of a story line and a little bit of themeing.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Received this little goodie from Carowinds the other day, for those interested in the color scheming that may hint at track colors:

Carowinds.jpg

DavidW

Roller Poster

probably should remove the RSVP contact information. I dont think they want everyone and their dog calling/emailing.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Well luckily, only idiots would do that!
Colour scheme on the poster looks nice.