What's new

CANCELLED - Unfinnished Business | FINLAND |24th - 26th Jul 2020

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
We’re monitoring the coronavirus situation and currently have no reason to change our plans. By the time we go, it’ll be summer and most likely the virus will be under control.

We will obviously follow the advice or instructions given by the parks, hotels and British/Finnish governments.

In the unlikely event that part/all of the trip is altered on such advice, partial refunds related to the parts that are cancelled/altered will be given. Ie: if Power Park close, the cost of Power Park entry and unneeded travel will be refunded but the other parts won’t.

There are parts we will have to pay upfront - hence the payment deadlines - and if we have to refund them, we will have to wait for the refund from the park/hotel before passing it on.

Basically, nobody will be out of pocket and will pay for only whatever is done. Refunds will be given for parts not done.

If you pull out from the trip for one reason another, please contact me and Chris to discuss individual refunds.

Please remember that nobody from CF makes any money from this trip. It’s in our interest to get value for money! It’s organised out of love for theme parks, meeting old friends, making new ones, and boosting our cred count!

**** the coronavirus.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Many thanks to those who have made their payments! I have sent a reminder to those who haven't.

After some discussion with Sarkanniemi we have been offered morning exclusive ride time on the ride of our choice! I've narrowed this down to either HYPE (The premier Skyrocket II) or Tornado (The Intamin Invert).

Please like either of the 2 comments below to vote for whichever ride you would prefer. Note this is an hours ERT so rerideability may well be a factor...

.Ac.

Mega Poster
Happy to reride either but went for intermin invert over the sky rocket based on pure rareness.

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
I'm looking forward to both coasters as I've not done an Intamin invert or a Skyrocket yet (not sure there is a Skyrocket on another trip I'm doing before then) but Hype is limited to 12 seats on the train. Tornado has twice as many. I think we'd get more re-rides in an hour on the more rare Intamin so went with that.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Since everyone is justifying their reasoning I'll throw in my controvert two cents. Went for sky rocket because:

1. Tornado might be rougher so awkward to reride loads (the Madrid one isn't super smooth I don't think). Seeing as the park are offering us something nice I'd like to think we do reride it for a bit. Skyrocket is also their newest cred.

2. Sky rocket has a much lower throughout so might have a bigger queue during the rest of the day (and you can nearly fit the whole group on one train of the intamin so it would take longer to get everyone on the sky rocket, meaning rides would be better spread through an hour).

Doesn't really matter but thought I'd play devil's advocate.

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
Since everyone is justifying their reasoning I'll throw in my controvert two cents. Went for sky rocket because:

1. Tornado might be rougher so awkward to reride loads (the Madrid one isn't super smooth I don't think). Seeing as the park are offering us something nice I'd like to think we do reride it for a bit. Skyrocket is also their newest cred.

2. Sky rocket has a much lower throughout so might have a bigger queue during the rest of the day (and you can nearly fit the whole group on one train of the intamin so it would take longer to get everyone on the sky rocket, meaning rides would be better spread through an hour).

Doesn't really matter but thought I'd play devil's advocate.

Great post.
I'm actually changing my mind.

Hype is also much taller and much faster looking at stats. It's a shorter ride but in an hour you'd probably still be able to rack up quite a few goes. A break between each ride at a minimum is probably not a bad thing to fill up the hour.

Fi

Mega Poster
Ooh it’s a close vote! I voted Hype, not only as I think Hype would be the more enjoyable of the 2, I think it’s also the most efficient use of time - it’s lower capacity so all being equal would have a longer wait that Tornado. An hours ERT for a group of 30 or so will still give us all plenty of rides. An hour on Tornado would be almost constant cycles, which will probably become more than a lot of us can handle way before ERT is complete! Also by using ERT for rerides on Hype we’ve got the low capacity ride done and dusted leaving more time for rerides during normal park hours. I think total ride count for the day would be higher to rerides Hype during ERT and Tornado during normal hours than vice Versa.

peep

CF Legend
Yay for ERT! That's very kind of them to put on for us.

I've voted for Tornado because I really liked the one in Madrid and it'd be good to get a few re-rides on something rare.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I went for hype because

• I'm a sucker for those non-inverted loops
  • We had tornado ERS on the last finland live!
Disappointed that Trombi didn't make the cut though!

Matt SW

Roller Poster
Was going to go for the invert, but Hype sounds the better option, with it being lower capacity (longer lines in the day) plus the invert being potentially rougher?

That’s a great gesture from the park.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nice one @Chris for arranging the ERT! Thank you! I voted Hype because it’s new for me. Regardless, if ERT is before the park opens, we’ll already be in the park to mince off to another cred before the public get in. Either way we win!

I assume skyrockets can run in a multi lap mode? e.g. going around the circuit twice or more? - could be interesting if they can run it like that. I'm not confirmed fo this so not voting yet, but I'd say the intamin is more unique and reridable, as I'm really not a fan of the restraints on skyrockets and they seem to be popping up all over the place whereas there's only two of this kind of intamin invert in the world. An hour seems quite long for either of these ciasters, I dont suppose the opark could do 30 mins each?

are you sure you dont want to ride a volare for an hour instead?

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Thanks for securing ERT Chris. Whichever one it is - I might only be able to ride a couple of times if they make me feel off-colour, so hope it wouldn't appear rude if some of us couldn't repeat-ride for the full time!

Whichever way it's still very much appreciated!