What's new

CANCELLED - Helix Må Kex | LISEBERG | 2nd - 3rd May 2020

Ben

CF Legend
This year, we're going Swedish! We'll be going meatballs deep in all that Liseberg has to offer, from the new-for-CF Dive Machine Valkyria, CF favourite Helix and Underland, the park's new for 2020 dark ride!

Transport

For this live, you will be expected to arrange your own transport, however Liseberg is really well connected to the UK. Flights from Stansted to Gothenburg are currently running about £50 for the weekend, and others are available from around the UK. It is then a simple tram in to the city and Liseberg is walking distance from a huge range of hotels.

I've personally not arranged my hotel yet, but will be posting in here once I have more of an idea so people can look to join in if they wish.

I'm going to be travelling out on the Friday on the 20:20 flight from Stansted, returning on the 22:20 on the Sunday night.

Tickets/Perks

We are working with the park to try and arrange some amazing perks - be it tickets or tours or anything we can get! They've been really great to us in the past - one of the main reasons we're keen to return with a big group! - so hopefully we can arrange something cool. Of course will post in here as we know more, so hold off booking tickets for now!

A formal booking page will go live but I just want to work out the park what perks we're looking at to see if we need to all pay together or not first!

On the day

I will be posting proper meet-up times and locations closer to the time but obviously we are planning on having two days there so it will be quite chilled. The current plan is to have more of a formal 'Live' day on the Saturday and then more of a chilled day on the Sunday (as we'll be leaving slightly before closing on the Sunday to get flights home), but I know some members already plan on getting flights out Saturday morning to arrive at the park slightly after opening so if that's something you'd like to do, feel free, just please post in the topic to let me know :)

https://coasterforce.com/liseberg-2020-cf-live/

Any questions, feel free to ask below! Otherwise hope to see as many of you there as possible!

(PS, I know the Swedish in the Live name will make absolutely no real sense)

bamber123

Roller Poster
? Hello, I am looking to check a few more European (re-)visits off of my list this year, and Liseberg is on it. Sounds like a great way to ease in to a first CF-Live meet! If you're looking for numbers, you can count me as a "likely", with a possible +1 too. I'll keep a watch on this thread for when the formal sign up page is posted.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
I could potentially do it but Scarecon is the next day if I can jig it all with work I could do it all.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Assuming I get the leave booked I'm booking flights tomorrow - currently dirt cheap from Stansted (they'd have to be to convince me to ever go back there the dump)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
(PS, I know the Swedish in the Live name will make absolutely no real sense)
Can confirm. "Må" is a verb meaning something like "feel" in terms of describing one's condition, usually used in the sentence "Hur mår du?" which means "How do you do?". The word is very rarely used in an un-conjugated form, however. It can also mean "may" as in "Må det gå dig väl på provet " = "May your test go well". "Kex" means "biscuit", but it's also the name of a brand of chocolate.

So "Helix Må Kex" is pure gibberish, but if a translation was attempted, it would mean something like "Helix May Biscuit", except the words are in the wrong order to make any grammatical sense.

Also, I'm afraid you've managed to hit the one weekend in May where I have an appointment already. Had it been the weekend after, I could have made it to the Live, but that weekend I'll be in Bergen. Oh well, there's always next time!

Ben

CF Legend
"Kex" means "biscuit", but it's also the name of a brand of ch

Yeah that’s why we’ve used Kex because it’s everywhere at Liseberg and we love the giant bars they have.

Basically it sounds a little bit like ‘he licks my kecks (meaning trousers)’, references the two best things about Liseberg and we didn’t fancy another ABBA pub xD

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Basically it sounds a little bit like ‘he licks my kecks (meaning trousers)’
Aha, now I see it, don't think I would unless you had explained it. The use of the letter Å threw me off there, as I'm used to see it as a totally different letter from A and connect it to a wholly different sound. In my mind, Å and A are as unlike as O and Q are. They're written almost alike, but impossible to mix if you're used to the difference.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Okay, by way of a personal update:

Due to some unforeseen personal arrangements, I'm not able to fly out on Friday evening, so will be arriving at the park by about 1pm on Saturday. I'll catch up with you guys!

I've booked this hotel, only a short walk from the park: https://www.booking.com/hotel/se/lorensberg

And I'll be flying home about the same time as Ben - my flight leaves 21:45. I'll probably just get that airport bus thing, as it stops right outside the park.

Reactions: Ben

Ben

CF Legend
Hey everyone!

As a bit of an update the park have said they’re happy to arrange some perks but they’d like an idea of numbers before they commit to anything.

So the registration form is now open and if you’re planning to attend please complete this so that we can give the park an idea of numbers!

Exciting times, less than two months to go!