Strata Poster
Re: Leviathan - B&M giga coaster for Canada's Wonderland

Which means they are OH visitors :p

And i think it is Indiananians (tongue-twister) :3

Switching between the hideouts'...

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Cedar Point was heaving on a Mon and Tues school day when I went. The idea that CW gets more visitors makes me very sad.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^^ Why though; it's a great park. It's easily one of the better Cedar Fair parks I've been to. Behemoth and Vortex are both excellent, the stand-up is very good, and backlot stunt coaster is fun. The SLC and Volare are AWFUL, but the rest of the coasters are all decent enough for what they are.

Then you've got probably the best collection of flat rides in any CF or SF park.

The idea that it's a "poor cousin" based on it not being in America is ridiculous, and the figures show that.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Oh I just meant sad that it's a busy park, so my own selfish needs of not wanting to deal with CP style crowds. Hideous.

D1993

Hyper Poster

on a side not, all parks with vekomas should get new trains like moreys and carowinds did. Otherwise the vekomas would be bearable and ride-able. Leviathan I think will really put CW more on the map though, so to speak. The idea before that people would get the two confused is obviously ludicrous. Cant wait for vertical construction to start.

To be fair, Canada's Wonderland does get busy but there's enough to do in the park where you're not gonna be waiting hours for things. The kiddie land can get packed, but as far as the big rides go, I've still never waited more than half an hour for Behemoth. The only things in the park I've waited almost an hour for have been Vortex and Time Warp, whereas everything else has been half an hour or less. The crowds are spread out and it's a big park with lot to do, so it never really feels swamped.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ thats great then. Its good to have crowds spread throughout the whole park. Its an issue ive noticed Kings Dominion has and im sure plenty of other parks too. The area near hurler and all of old virginia is always incredibly dead when I go (and every time ive gone has been in the summer). They really need something to add to that section of the park that will draw more crowds, so to hear that about CW is a really great thing.
Leviathan is obviously going to bring lots of more people to that area.
i still stand with the argument that all vekomas should be replaced with the new trains and their boomerang and slc models. Their rides are really just plain nonsense and horror otherwise

ry1996

Mega Poster

Judging from The pictures are they near Ready for Vertical Yet ?
Looking like a lot of the Track Peices are on site to make the Lift hill ?

D1993

Hyper Poster

I would expect a ride like this to actually go up pretty quick. I remember when intimidator at carowinds was being constructed. It went up crazy fast.
Hopefully they can get a chunk of track work done before the bad canadian winter comes along

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

bizarrofan10 said:
I believe people from Indiana are called, wait, Indianers.

No, it'd be Hoosiers. :wink:

Ashstrodamus

Mega Poster

Can't afford a road trip, but a 306' tall B&M makes me want to. It actually looks really awesome. Looks like a number 1 coaster to me. Appollo's Chariot is my only 200+drop, but my brother and I kept riding it because the ride was so awesome. Leviathin will be pretty awesome. I live only about 3 hours south of Kings Dominion. I have got to get out and ride I305 for sure. It's killing me that I haven't ridden it yet.

D1993

Hyper Poster

Ive actually just realised one of the reasons as to why the brake run is 'so long' and in the position that it is. I never noticed but if you look carefully, you can see the trains actually leave the station and make a u-turn before heading up the lift hill,, instead of going straight out and up (like diamondback, intimidator etc)
So then when you look at the brake run, it seems fairly normal, cos as soon as it flattens out it goes straight into the station. I didnt notice this until re-watching the off ride animation a few times. I dont think its a u-turn like Nitro's, but just Behemoth continuing on another 90 degrees.
(you can see leviathan will have that turn right at the beginning and end of the off ride animation)

Lofty

CF Legend

D1993 said:
Ive actually just realised one of the reasons as to why the brake run is 'so long' and in the position that it is. I never noticed but if you look carefully, you can see the trains actually leave the station and make a u-turn before heading up the lift hill,, instead of going straight out and up (like diamondback, intimidator etc)
So then when you look at the brake run, it seems fairly normal, cos as soon as it flattens out it goes straight into the station. I didnt notice this until re-watching the off ride animation a few times. I dont think its a u-turn like Nitro's, but just Behemoth continuing on another 90 degrees.
(you can see leviathan will have that turn right at the beginning and end of the off ride animation)

You've only JUST noticed that?
:shock:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

I don't see what that has to do with the position of the brake run.

Once again, the brake run is level and elevated because if it were at station height, there would be a collision with Dragon Fire.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ No im just saying I wondered why it was so early, not so high.
But I didnt realise until recently that the station is straight after the brake run, not after making a 180 turn like diamondback and intimidator, but instead that 180 turn happens after the station just before going up the lift hill.
i was just pointing it out, cos I thought it was weird that the brake run was 'so long', but now seeing that I realise its just normal. And I pointed it out so that others who didnt realise before would see it.

^^ and yes i did just realise that now. its not really clear in any of the animations thats the way it is unless you look really closely.