What's new

Canada's Wonderland 2014 Attraction

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
So It appears to be confirmed that Canada's Wonderland will be getting a new attraction in 2014 built inside Wonder Mountain. Well According to screamscape that is.

Lots of new information regarding Wonder Mountain leaked out over the weekend, thanks to questions answered at the ACE event at the park. During the Q&A and session the park did confirm that the 2014 attraction would be built inside the mountain.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/canada_s_wonderland.htm

I'm wondering if Cedar Fair is testing that new dark ride concept at Wonderland before using it at Cedar Point

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
We'll find out soon enough.
Canada's Wonderland said:
Check out the Canada's Wonderland website and Facebook page on Friday, August 30 for announcement details.

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
well CP didn't get the dark ride, so i'd expect it at the point in 2015. But since CP didn't get it, that means Wonderland is getting it. Like I said, Cedar Fair is investing a lot of $$$ into this park. They want it to be up to par with cedar point and the other best parks out there. And I think its working...

steel

Mega Poster
This is public now.
https://www.canadaswonderland.com/what- ... w-for-2014

I think it's brilliant tbh. Great use of a very recognizable monument.

It's time for us to stop kidding ourselves and accept that Cedar Point is not the only Cedar Fair flagship anymore. They're not "testing" the concept here to see if it will work for Cedar Point, they're giving it to Canada's Wonderland independently of their plans for Cedar Point.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cedar Point does end up with a dark ride within the next few years, though.

peep

CF Legend
Wow, sounds fantastic. Confused if this will actually be a coaster too or that it'll simulate the experience of being on one?

Either way I think it sounds like an excellent addition to the park.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Not sure if coaster...

Either way looks and sounds great. I'll have to go back north of the border to see what this is all about

A101

Mega Poster
All of the locals are either very, very excited, or very very scared of what this could be. There's a handful saying not to mess with our "precious" mountain, and that it's just a giant video game.

A101

Mega Poster
Thunder Run is confirmed as staying, from sources at the announcement. They asked management.

steel

Mega Poster
Torontonians have a very deep love for Wonderland and everything it represents, so that reaction doesn't surprise me, but they'll be happy once they ride it. They just don't have anything to compare it to so they don't know what to expect. Anyway, Wonder Mountain is already partially occupied by Thunder Run and Vortex.

A101

Mega Poster
Someone from ACE asked management who confirmed it's a $10 million attraction. The only reason that's possible is because the track design was created in-house, and manufactured locally, and since the dark ride portion will be nearly all digital, it all helps to keep costs low. I originally gawked at how low the budget was, but taking these factors into account, it sounds more plausible that they will pull it off.