Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Margerine

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

nadroJ

CF Legend
Which do you prefer, butter or margerine?

I've just finished eating some lovely English muffins smothered in Lurpak and can truly call myself a butter lover. I'm a bread fiend too, and love laying on the Lurpak and just eating slice after slice. I can't do this with margerine. I can't eat it as a spread if there is another topping, but never on its own.

So, butter or marg?

nealbie

CF Legend
Butter unquestionably despite it being so awfully time consuming.

You have to put time aside to make a sandwich, leaving the butter out for 10 minutes so you can spread it without the bread RIPPING! Proper butter too! None of this 'Lurpak Spreadable' bull ****, that's nothing more than glorified extra fat marg <///3

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I barely use either. I like it if it has melted into food (so on/in anything hot), but I dislike the individual taste of either butter or marg. It's something it took my parents a huge number of years to comprehend :lol:

I do love butter to flavour things. I always cook omelettes and onions in butter. It's a very odd love/hate relationship :)

mouse

Giga Poster
I remember when I was younger I was eating butter out of the tub with a spoon. I was enjoying it until my mum caught me... And I was sick.
But yeah, I love butter.

Ben

CF Legend
nadroJ said:
I've just finished eating some lovely English muffins smothered in Lurpak

So, is your muffin buttered?

Would you like us to assign somebody to butter your muffin?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Living in a kosher household I've grown up with both. At this point to me they are so interchangeable it doesn't matter.

tks

Strata Poster
Mostly margerine in this household.. Being lactose intolerant i've been stuck with dairy-free spreads;

14465011_H.jpg

and the sainsburys own-version.

However now Lactofree have brought this spreadable butter out

Screen-shot-2011-12-23-at-13.30.16-300x196.png

more expensive than the spreads, but OH MY GOD it tastes amazing. :D Butter on toast that doesn't make me ill <3

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
I usually have chocolate spread or cheese spread...or think "screw sandwiches, I'm making a ham and cheese toastie!".

But no seriously, I use Bertolli. It's alright I guess.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
We keep butter out of the fridge in this house to avoid it's difficulties.

If I can't have butter, there isn't any point in bothering with other crap. Rather go without. the substitutes are just... terrible.

I try not to have much butter though because it clogs the arteries and all that. Tony seems to consume a pack a day.

Anything requiring butter, such as crossants, is also a waste of time if it doesn't have butter.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Joey said:
We keep butter out of the fridge in this house to avoid it's difficulties.

If I can't have butter, there isn't any point in bothering with other crap. Rather go without. the substitutes are just... terrible.

I try not to have much butter though because it clogs the arteries and all that. Tony seems to consume a pack a day.

Anything requiring butter, such as crossants, is also a waste of time if it doesn't have butter.

Feel glad you didn't grow up in a household that keeps kosher. It's a pain in the ass. Want to have a butter with the mashed potatoes you are going to have with your steak or chicken? Think again.

#stupidkosher

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Joey said:
What's un-kosher about butter?

But yeah, kosher is pretty damn stupid.

It's less about the butter and more about mixing dairy and meat. I can't even put cheese on spaghetti and meatballs. It's traumatizing when you can't do it while you watch all your friends do it.

nadroJ

CF Legend
If you want to do it so bad.....why don't you just, yno, do it? From the way you're explaining it it appears as though you're eating kosher because you're forced to eat that way, not because you want to?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
nadroJ said:
If you want to do it so bad.....why don't you just, yno, do it? From the way you're explaining it it appears as though you're eating kosher because you're forced to eat that way, not because you want to?

As soon as I make enough money to get a place I will, however until then I'm stuck in the house with my parents.

Not fun, but it's free.