What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Pantheon | Intamin LSM Coaster | 2022

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Even though it’s not a giga, many American coasterfans have been clamoring for a Soaring With Dragon-like launch coaster here in the States — and we’re finally getting it! :D

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Indeed. Also appears to be themed to Mercury. I'd speculate loosely themed to the story of Mercury's attempt to rescue Proserpina from Pluto.
What would this coaster's name be, though, and how would the swing launch sequence tie into that? I'm very intrigued in how Busch Gardens Williamsburg will theme this coaster, seeing as how the leaked station and queue plans appeared to have a more basic design.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
What would this coaster's name be, though, and how would the swing launch sequence tie into that? I'm very intrigued in how Busch Gardens Williamsburg will theme this coaster, seeing as how the leaked station and queue plans appeared to have a more basic design.

Escape from Pluto? I don't know I'm not particularly creative when it comes to names, it could just be called Mercury's escape or something extremely simple like that. The swing launch could represent the negotiations with Pluto himself? If recent indication is anything to go by they probably won't theme this all that heavily. I will reiterate, that's all just my speculation. We should know in 25 days.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I was leaning towards a Mercury's Plight/Flight name with the limited info we have.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It'll be themed to Mercury's retrograde orbit. Duh.

Who are we kidding? BGW have some lovely themed rides, but only Verbolten has any sort of narrative to go along with them. The rest are just nicely done. This'll have a nice ancient Rome aesthetic, and a suitable name, but I don't think they'll be going for detailed stories too...

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Announcement is in an hour! Final locked in prediction:

Intamin shuttle launch LSM coaster called Olympus with Skyrush-style winged outer seats. Leaked prints are real. Coaster will be the anchor attraction in a new Greek or Roman themed area, most likely Greek.

Pear

Strata Poster

Intamin shuttle launch LSM coaster called Olympus with Skyrush-style winged outer seats. Leaked prints are real. Coaster will be the anchor attraction in a new Greek or Roman themed area, most likely Greek.
Don't get your hopes up for winged seating. Blueprints show the trains are 2 across. Also it'll be a Roman area since they're using the Roman names of the gods instead of the Greek names.

My final prediction is Underworld, an Intamin Multi Launch coaster. Riders travel through many worlds and realms, in order to be considered immortal. #RideTheGod A new god, escaping Pluto's underworld and reaching the sky. Using powers from other gods, reach your ultimate destination