What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg | InvadR | Family GCI

Shirofukurou

Mega Poster
Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg Project 2017 (Family Woodie?)

The problem with Gravity Group is that if their coasters don't have the most intense maintainence they fall completely apart and become unrideably rough. I rode Wooden Warrior in opening year and not since, so I don't know how much Timberliners do to reduce roughness over time. Does anyone know how they hold up?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

^I rode wooden warrior last summer and found no issues with roughness. I find what you seem to have found with GG with GCI

Snoo

The Legend

tomahawk said:
Prowler says if GCI this will be good.

BGE would be lucky to get a RMC. That's a privilege to have one of those sex machines in your park.

Stop bitching it's a new coaster. Ffs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I'm not going to be happy just because something is being built Tom. Shut your face with that madness. :)

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

Wooden GCI confirmed

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M0ga2zg_i8[/youtubevid]

Edited to embed video - ECG

Dar

Hyper Poster

Could it be a duelling coaster, like Joris at Efteling? Especially when it asks if you'll fight with the Vikings or defend the village

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

In 2017, a great battle will ensue in the trappers' village of New France. Vikings will invade, forcing the trappers to defend their village. Invade new territory on the first wooden coaster at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. The 74-foot drop makes it a force to be feared and nine airtime hills wait to be conquered by bold warriors. Chart a course through the winding frontier at 48 mph and claim eternal glory for your crew.

How have people worked out its a GCI? There's a screenshot on their website of the coaster which doesn't seem distinctly GCI.

Project-2017_new-wooden-coaster-header_930w.ashx

I think its going to be really exciting, especially with the terrain they have. It'll fit perfectly with their current line up too. Not as intimidating as their large B&Ms but probably a lot more 'lively'.

EDIT: I've just spotted the millennium flyers on the pic I've posted...

TilenB

Strata Poster

Youngster Joey said:
Wooden GCI confirmed

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M0ga2zg_i8[/youtubevid]

Where does it say it is a GCI? Or have I missed something?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

It was said at the reveal event.

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X-cAEly6vA[/youtubevid]

Edited to embed video. - ECG

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster

I like this. Not an RMC, which is what it looks like a lot of people (myself included) on here wanted the park to get, but I think this will be a great fit in the park. They don't have any wooden coasters, so it will be something unique to the park and like someone mentioned above, it may not be a big, intimidating B&M, but it still should be a sweet little ride. GCIs are good even if they aren't so big. Look at White Lightning for example. Small woodie, but yet a fun and enjoyable ride.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg Project 2017 (Family GCI)

I'm so happy about this.

Wood will fit in awesome at Busch. A return to a historic theme, after so many modern ones. Another family friendly coaster to compliment the park's lineup.

Yeah, awesome. I think it's perfect tbh.

Shirofukurou

Mega Poster

I think it'll be a good attraction... Hopefully the theming is done well, swing as the theme is similar to Wodan, which will likely draw comparisons.

Don't think I like the idea of a name vote, but at least they aren't letting the public come up with the name entirely! Imagine what would happen if they let that beast loose: Come ride Busch Gardens Europe's thrilling new coaster: "Hitler Did Nothing Wrong"!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

The online naming poll ended, and the official name will be "InvadR".

Lofty

CF Legend
That name is **** abysmal. I don't understand why parks do this whole 'we'll spell it different by the removal of a letter' bollocks. If you brand the ride correctly you won't need to worry about the name sticking in people's minds.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Weird spellings don't help stick names in people's minds anyway. That **** only works when creating successful logo designs for products. Lofty is right, the overall package is so much more important with a ride.

The name could be worse. But not removing a letter would have improved it massively. The fact they even considered two double barrel names... Eugh.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

peep

CF Legend
I think they mentioned in their passholder announcement thing that they wanted to let everyone choose the name but due to copyright reasons they had to pre-select three for everyone to choose from. I reckon the proper spelling was already copyrighted to something?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk