What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Iron Gwazi | RMC Gwazi | 2022

Matt N

CF Legend
What's the special RMC lap bar loading procedure compared to other lap bars? I haven't noticed anything special
I asked the same question earlier in the thread, and apparently it’s something to do with them not allowing you to lower your lap bar yourself, instead making you wait for the host to lower it for you after you’ve done your seatbelt up.
EDIT: @Indy described it far better than me!

Indy

Hyper Poster
What's the special RMC lap bar loading procedure compared to other lap bars? I haven't noticed anything special
Generally, you are instructed to only put the seatbelt on and wait for the ride op to check it. After which, they either push the lap bar down themselves or check every seatbelt and instruct everybody to pull down the lap bars. At which point, then they go back down and check the lap bar.

Christian

Hyper Poster
I asked the same question earlier in the thread, and apparently it’s something to do with them not allowing you to lower your lap bar yourself, instead making you wait for the host to lower it for you after you’ve done your seatbelt up.
EDIT: @Indy described it far better than me!
Generally, you are instructed to only put the seatbelt on and wait for the ride op to check it. After which, they either push the lap bar down themselves or check every seatbelt and instruct everybody to pull down the lap bars. At which point, then they go back down and check the lap bar.

Thanks! Never thought of it or noticed anything special other than the box of electronics on the backside of the seats.

Pear

Strata Poster
Managed to snag a few rides on Gwazi during passholder previews and it's amazing! The whole ride is intense from beginning to end and features some very strong ejector moments with some good moments of positives sprinkled throughout. My favorite element is by far the death roll but the outward wave turn over the station is a close second! There's no bad seat on this ride either as everywhere provides a great experience, but the very front and back are my favorite places to sit. I'd say it's my 2nd favorite coaster in Florida right now behind Velocicoaster, and it is my 2nd favorite RMC overall with only Steel Vengeance being better in my opinion.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
After watching alot of videos of this (and seeing as I'm not gonna get to ride this anytime soon) I've made a few observations. Firsty its defo worth letting the ride warm up before riding, I keep seeing videos and reviews of the ride from first thing in the morning that make the second half seem incredibly weak. But it doesnt seem to take long before the thing flies.

I think my favourite looking element in motion is the wave hill over the station, every reverse POV you can see how surprising it is, and then the head chopper under the lift is brilliantly executed. But overall it looks fantastic and up there with RMC's best, very very jealous of everyone out there who gets to ride it.

SkyrushSimp

Mega Poster
I visited BGT and SeaWorld Orlando this weekend, and I got to ride Iron Gwazi 6 times. 3 in the back, 1 in the front, and the others in the middle.

This ride is FAST. This ride feels like it's going at least 100 MPH. This ride has so much airtime, amazing pacing, and is the only RMC that I can say that it tried to rip my face off (haha grammar). Easily a top 2 RMC. It's not quite up with Steel Vengeance, but it definitely beats Twisted Colossus for 2nd. I can't wait to compare this to ArieForce One when it opens.

Steely Dan

Mega Poster
Kinda hard to believe it's been nearly 4 years since the last RMC IBox track coaster opened in North America (Twisted Cyclone at SFOG back on May 25, 2018).