What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Iron Gwazi | RMC Gwazi | 2022

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
RIP deleted posts - dressed like this right now in their memory:

ccNYZwQ.jpg

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
No news related to Iron Gwazi but I was at BGT on Tuesday and this coaster looks incredible in person. I'm really looking forward to riding it. Fun little story... while riding Falcon's Fury a woman sitting next to me was talking to someone telling them how Iron Gwazi was basically the same thing as Gwazi except it has steel track. She also said how much she missed Gwazi and how she didn't understand why it closed in the first place. I proceeded to tell her (right before we were flipped onto our stomachs) how IG is nothing like Gwazi and how she, hopefully, won't be disappointment when it opens in March.

I try to be understanding when I hear people make incorrect statements about coasters but when I hear stuff like she was saying I can't help myself and have this need to correct people as respectfully as possible.

opivy028

Mega Poster
Honestly I think that was a very good call to correct her; hopefully she’ll actually get to be excited now instead of carrying disappointment for another few months.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Your source is worse than Heinz BBQ…

Looking forward to comparisons between this and the other ‘big 3’ RMCs
I think it’s all to play for - what might make or break it for an individual may be ancillary things like theming, off-ride spectacle… even track colour and train aesthetics.

From POVs, Iron Gwazi appears to monster around even faster than Zadra…. but with that lift hill facing AWAY from the ride plaza and the potential lack of walkways, perhaps it may lack the awe of ‘walking alongside’ Zadra.

I’m a sucker for a big snapper and love the idea of said snapper hauling along popping purple track. Hoping for a new no. 1 🤩

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I think it’s all to play for - what might make or break it for an individual may be ancillary things like theming, off-ride spectacle… even track colour and train aesthetics.

From POVs, Iron Gwazi appears to monster around even faster than Zadra…. but with that lift hill facing AWAY from the ride plaza and the potential lack of walkways, perhaps it may lack the awe of ‘walking alongside’ Zadra.

I’m a sucker for a big snapper and love the idea of said snapper hauling along popping purple track. Hoping for a new no. 1 🤩
I am looking forward to September. I will be able to make my own comparisons. Though I haven't done Hakugei or SteVe.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I am looking forward to September. I will be able to make my own comparisons. Though I haven't done Hakugei or SteVe.
Hakugei has that irresistible ‘super rare / exotic cred’ thing going on that’s makes it naturally admirable… plus the blue track and white woodwork is just dreamy *swoon*

Bugly trains though. I’ll take the snapper 🐊

Meanwhile, at this point Steel Vengeance (which must surely be the ‘objective GOAT’, if there could be such a thing) admittedly feels like the ‘Manchester United’ of roller coasters at this point, notwithstanding that it has an almost religious symbolism for most enthusiasts. It wasn’t for the fact that riding SteVe will be a very personal achievement to me (marking my ‘endurance of the pandemic’), I think a fickle part of me might subconsciously enjoy the identity given from preferring the others.

Can’t wait to try them all, at some point. Bring it on.

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Hakugei had that irresistible ‘super rare / exotic cred’ thing going on that’s makes it naturally admirable… plus the blue track and white woodwork is just dreamy *swoon*

Bugly trains though. I’ll take the snapper 🐊

Meanwhile, at this point Steel Vengeance (which must surely be the ‘objective GOAT’, if there could be such a thing) admittedly feels like the ‘Manchester United’ of roller coasters at this point, notwithstanding that it has an almost religious symbolism for most enthusiasts. It wasn’t for the fact that riding SteVe will be a very personal achievement to me (marking my ‘endurance of the pandemic’), I think a fickle part of me might subconsciously enjoy the identity given from preferring the others.

Can’t wait to try them all, at some point. Bring it on.
It was a while before I decided that I preferred Zadra to Untamed! If Untamed really is a 'baby SteVe,' then I can see what all the fuss is about, and I am going to absolutely love it, unlike Manchester United.

Hakugei is currently part of pipe dream for me, to visit Japan, and not just for parks and coasters either.