What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Iron Gwazi | RMC Gwazi | 2022

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
"Death Roll" is over imaginative coaster enthusiasts trying to think of something where there's nothing. Colossus has five of the things, for ****s sake...

Those are clearly different.

I love this post because it literally tells me nothing. It's a dumb name, and I know how crocodiles eat.
Keep up the quality posts xx

Not everyone knows how crocodiles eat, smarty!

-

In my opinion, calling something a lagoon roll is worse than death roll. It's just an obvious jab to the ego.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Those are clearly different.
Oh this'll be good. How, exactly?

The lagoon roll is, as much as I don't love the name, a different element to the barrel roll (if you're not sure, I suggest looking it up). The death roll is a barrel roll.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
If I might add to the discussion as to what Iron Gwazi's first inversion could be classified as, has anybody suggested calling it simply a Barrel Roll Downdrop? The train inverts on its way down, similar to how Twisted Timbers, Medusa: Steel Coaster and Storm Chaser do.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
So this is how this thread rolls, huh?

Back to topic, this looks amazing and should navigate the track at a fast pace.

Ethan

Strata Poster
So this is how this thread rolls, huh?

Back to topic, this looks amazing and should navigate the track at a fast pace.
How is it off-topic? We're discussing the ride aren't we? Honestly the issue is more pressing than Brexit at this point.

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
Oh this'll be good. How, exactly?

The lagoon roll is, as much as I don't love the name, a different element to the barrel roll (if you're not sure, I suggest looking it up). The death roll is a barrel roll.

I agree with Kw6sTheater, it should be called a barrel roll downdrop

Yes, it is just a barrel roll. Colossus is pure heartline rolls, where as the death roll seems to have some upward pitch extend-ment during it's navigation, creating more negatives than would be there if it was purely heartlined.

--

I didn't name the element. I think there are other elements with stupid names. I was merely trying to point out the origin.

--

Edit:

Barrel roll - generic name for roll, from my understanding
Jojo roll - right out of the station
In-line twist - not heartlined, big shaping and force difference
Heartline roll - heartlined roll, colossus is a great example
Zero-G roll - roll designed to pull zero g's. Probably heartlined and at the top of a hill. could also be called heartline camelback
barrel roll down drop - barrel roll in place of standard drop
death roll - barrel roll down drop not acting as the initial drop out of the lift
lagoon roll - two heartline rolls of opposite rotation, where the degree of rotation is not quite 360 degrees. the first one stops before 360 degree rotation, and goes immediately into a roll the opposite way.

Last edited:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
giphy.gif

Jared

Hyper Poster
Looks slow. In all seriousness though, if this thing runs anywhere near as fast as Zadra, this could be one of the best coasters on the planet!

davidm

Strata Poster
The vertical bit of the drop looks longer than on Zadra & Vengeance?
(I was always a bit "meh" about the steepness aspect of those drops to be honest)

Perhaps thats just the support bit though and the track will move out from the vertical bit as it gets built.

davidm

Strata Poster
Yeah sort of meant the length of the steep bit really rather than the angle. Oh well looks good whatever :)