What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa Future

Busch59

Roller Poster
Is "Under Roof" as literal as it sounds, or is that a construction term that I'm not aware of
Unfortunately, as right as I pray you may be, and how desperately we need ANY TYPE of indoor attraction at BGT, I've heard it may just be terminology that doesn't mean enclosed. If ANYONE can help clarify that tho 🙏🏻 However, one intriguing notion... current area walled off is 40,000 sq ft and the theaters footprint just over 30,000 sq ft.

embean01

Roller Poster
Thanks to Python_Survivor at Parkfans.net for uncovering this new Halcyon document! View attachment 25897Keep in mind this is only for the foundation, but a $1,000,000 project covering 70,000 sq ft.
This has me wondering if it will even be a coaster now. Idk if the cost is for the foundation or the whole project but 1 million certainly doesnt seem like it would be enough for anything substantial. Even rides like rmc raptors are about 5 million. anyone know if the cost is for the whole project or if it is just for the foundation

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
^That project document is specifically for the ride foundations.

Based on these new plans found by Parkfans, this appears to be to be the full plot of land able to be used here:
Screenshot 2023-07-26 120558.jpg
Station building, per the plans, is approximately in the red area. I don't think it's quite large enough for a major coaster (like a Pantheon-sized triple launch like some people are hoping/predicting), but this could be a sizeable mid-size/family thrill coaster here. No insight on what ride type it could be, but exciting nonetheless.

Busch59

Roller Poster
There's still so much land it doesn't cover from Rhino Rally. With the Theater underused to the left, this just seems like another blatant attempt to avoid an indoor attraction. Remember, the original plan for sandserpent was to enclose it. All I want is something indoors at or around Epic Universe opening, and we're just not gonna get it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^That project document is specifically for the ride foundations.

Based on these new plans found by Parkfans, this appears to be to be the full plot of land able to be used here:
View attachment 25911
Station building, per the plans, is approximately in the red area. I don't think it's quite large enough for a major coaster (like a Pantheon-sized triple launch like some people are hoping/predicting), but this could be a sizeable mid-size/family thrill coaster here. No insight on what ride type it could be, but exciting nonetheless.
The plot slightly reminds me of the Ice Breaker plot, with the kinda offset nature of it. No reason whatsoever that it would be anything similar, mind, but just something that jumped out to me.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
But, have we ruled out dueling Wild Mouse!?
I think the important question is should it be Dueling Wild Mouse, Dueling Wild Mouses, Dueling Wild Mice or maybe even Dueling Wild Mices

And what's the collective noun for a large number of Wild Mouse/Mouses/Mice/Mices?
Since the collective noun for real mice is a "Nest" of Mice then perhaps it should be a Nest of Wild Mouse/Mouses/Mice/Mices.

In other news. I should probably lay off the Night Shift Caffeine a bit.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think the important question is should it be Dueling Wild Mouse, Dueling Wild Mouses, Dueling Wild Mice or maybe even Dueling Wild Mices

And what's the collective noun for a large number of Wild Mouse/Mouses/Mice/Mices?
Since the collective noun for real mice is a "Nest" of Mice then perhaps it should be a Nest of Wild Mouse/Mouses/Mice/Mices.

In other news. I should probably lay off the Night Shift Caffeine a bit.
I'd go for: Dauling Wild Mices.

embean01

Roller Poster
There's still so much land it doesn't cover from Rhino Rally. With the Theater underused to the left, this just seems like another blatant attempt to avoid an indoor attraction. Remember, the original plan for sandserpent was to enclose it. All I want is something indoors at or around Epic Universe opening, and we're just not gonna get it.
My guess is that theyll save the rest of the land for a new extreme coaster by Serengeti flyer’s area, maybe just maybe a giga if they could fit it.

embean01

Roller Poster
The plot slightly reminds me of the Ice Breaker plot, with the kinda offset nature of it. No reason whatsoever that it would be anything similar, mind, but just something that jumped out to me.
From what ive heard it might be a family wing coaster or some sort of family coaster from vekoma. Either way i dont think it will be another extreme coaster. 2025/2026 will be when we see the next big addition (maybe a giga?)
If it is vekoma that would also be exciting as seaworld has not worked with vekoma before on any additions (aside from vapor trail but that was before sesame place was a seaworld park) so that could open up a lot of future possibilities for the whole chain.

Jared

Hyper Poster
Please be the Wing Coaster! Then Seaworld Parks will operate one of all the available B&M Models aside from the Junior Invert.

embean01

Roller Poster
Please be the Wing Coaster! Then Seaworld Parks will operate one of all the available B&M Models aside from the Junior Invert.
Personally i think a vekoma would be a lot more exciting for the potential it could present for future additions if it showed seaworld was working with vekoma, but a family wing shuttle coaster seems like it could be the case too. It would fit with the bird codename

Busch59

Roller Poster
Any updates on the construction site?
Holiday world family boomerang, now Kings Island too. Can't help but think of BGTs "regional park" mindset. This place has stopped competing with Universal/Disney. Expect another outdoor, cheap, low capacity steel ride with no theming. AKA family boomerang

Hutch

Strata Poster
Expect another outdoor, cheap, low capacity steel ride with no theming. AKA family boomerang
I mean the two family boomerangs that just got announced have more theming than the new dive machine and strata coaster rebuild.

Matt N

CF Legend
Did Busch Gardens ever truly try to compete with Disney and Universal, though?

As far as I can see, Busch Gardens has never offered the sort of experience that Disney and Universal provide, nor has it ever really aimed to. Yes, the park has had dark rides in the past, and it has tried some very immersive, story-led attractions (with a notable recent example that I personally feel was very well executed being Cobra’s Curse), but as far as I can tell, the park has never really aimed to provide the same type of experience as Disney or Universal. To my knowledge, Busch have always been a combined amusement park and zoo with a light touch of theming rather than a full-on immersive experience like the big two. And I think that suits them fine, personally. In the ever-competitive Florida market, you want to set yourself apart from the rest, and I think that SeaWorld and Busch’s thrill ride focus helps them do that very nicely.