What's new

Brand Advertisements on Ride

Brand advertising on rides is some of the most unattractive marketing I have ever witnessed, especially in the case of wrapping trains in decals as previously stated.

Where I do find it to be alright is by placing a product brand or company logo next to a ride's title. For example, when Snake River Falls opened at CP, the Pepsi logo was added at the bottom of the ride's logo. it was tasteful and did not seem very intruding.

Otherwise though, brand marketing on rides can seem gaudy and very unattractive.

I think it is disgusting that they advertise in this way, why don't they advertise like Disney do, i.e. temple of peril is sponsored by esso but this does not mean that everything has esso on in huge wording, it means it has esso on the petrol tanks of theming around the queue line! Something like that sticks in your mind without being intrusive!

Also I nearly laughed my head off when I went to the Oblivion rehydrator with all the fanta advertsisng on it and asked for a fanta, and they said 'I don't think we have fanta!' hahaha Im sorry but you advistise it so disgustingly but you don't actually supply it!

I hate it when parks do that....it completely destroys the theme of a ride.
It's not a big problem if the ride has no theme to begin with but brand placement equals soft theme in my opinion

SFMM wrapped Viper in some hair gel product ad last year. Completely retarded. I don't mind if it's a subtle sponsorship, like seeing a small logo on the side of the trains, or in the station, but when it's done overboard, it just looks retarded.

They took Oblivion, a serious atmosphere ride, and made it into a total joke.

Although I can see where the park is coming from. If they don't have to pay to run the ride, then by all means, let the sponsor deck the area out.

OMG. What the **** is happening? There's no difference in them sponsoring! It's not revolting but it's just off-putting.
Fanta's alright...
Imperial Leather sponsoring Bubbleworks (Chessie!) is OK because with Imperial Leather they changed the ride to duckies! QUACK!
I hope Fanta do a WAP game (text FANTA to _____ to get this game!) that was kinda cool at Scarefest.
Yorkie sponsoring Stealth at Thorpe (not sure if they still do) was off-putting.
Just looked at the images again: "More Fanta, Less Serious!"Oblivion is a serious ride!

alexdude98 said:
Imperial Leather sponsoring Bubbleworks (Chessie!) is OK because with Imperial Leather they changed the ride to duckies! QUACK!

Yeah, because raping what was one of the greatest UK dark rides of it's time is ok... :roll:

I think all topspin rides should be sponsored by moulinex blenders!

That said considering the X-Sector is meant to be a hush hush government testing facility i think Fants is a P*** poor sponsor for Oblivion! Fanta..... The drink or death, or not? It should have been sponsored by mates condoms.

Oblivion get on it with yer mates and dive into a big hole!

NOW THATS A TAG LINE!

Drayton Manor Park has some good examples of DECENT sponsorship.

StormForce10 - The RNLI sponsorship does fit in with the theme.

Apocalypse - The BRMB and Walls sponsorship look slightly out of place with the theme, but the posters and signs they do have on the walls are simple and unobtrusive.