Bottom 5: 2009 Edition

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
Ok, of the worst "adult" coasters:
Laser (Dorney) - lateral g's hurt like crazy
Great American Scream Machine (SFGAV) - restraints are pure pain
La Vibora - break runs are so rough they hurt
Ninja (SFOG) - painful restraints
A bunch of pointless woodens (Mean Streak, Texas Giant, Rattler, Thunderhawk)

Brookes

Giga Poster
Ok not counting kiddie coasters:

5. Schweizer Bobbahn (Europa Park) - I remember it being really, really boring when I rode it and was slow, but I'd like to ride it again as I think I would like it more now.

4. Eurosat (Europa Park) - Again the same time when I rode Schweizer Bobbahn thought it was boring aswell, but again I'd probably enjoy it more now as I wasn't an enthusiast then.

3. X:\ No Way Out (Thorpe) - Painful, annoying and pointless.

2. Primeval Whirl (Animal Kingdom) - Really not good for a Disney Park, turns were really painful and they could have had something much better there.

1. Gwazi - Pain, pain and more pain.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Hmmmmm, tough one. Ignoring kiddy coasters and generic spinners (Golden Horse spinner is THE worst coaster type for sheer rubbishness), my worst 5 coasters are:

5. G-Force, Drayton Manor. Uncomfortable, boring and short. Load of old **** basically.

4. Camel Coaster, Nasu Highlands. Boring. Also includes one of the most painful turns on any coaster I've tried.

3.Daidarasaurus, Expoland. At one time the longest coaster in the world, and did absolutely nothing for the entire six and a half minutes.

2. Space Mountain: Mission 2, DLP. An embarrasment to the Disney name. Rough, painful and the first coaster to help me understand the constant Vekoma bashing that goes on.

1. Space 2000, Kyoungju World. THE most painful coaster I've ever ridden by miles. Absolutely, horrendously awful on every level.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Ignoring the small things like everybody else, here's the most notable 'big' 5 for me:

5. Son Of Beast: Kings Island.
Really a big pile of awful. I never did get to ride it without the loop, but when it still had that, the loop was smoothest part of the ride since it was steel. A coaster based on helixes built by a company that can't build a smooth corner makes for a lot less fun then anyone can imagine.

4. Cheetah: Wild Adventures.
I sincerely hope GCI worked some magic with their restoration because this was another CCI that has a nice layout, but one that's impossible to enjoy with the jostling.

3. Iron Dragon: Cedar Point.
I've been avoiding 'small' coasters like mice or main trains, but this one's big enough to get a mention. It's nickname is quite appropriate.. dull and slow for anyone not looking for just a family ride.

2. Shockwave: Kings Dominion.
It's a Togo standup which has horrid restraints and then an airtime hill and an underbanked tight corner afterwards.

1. Hurricane: Myrtle Beach Pavillion.
One of the most rough wooden coasters I've ever been on. In the 6 years it was around, it had reached a truly impressive level of pain.

Tony

Hyper Poster
5. Sequoia Adventure, Gardaland - Boring and pointless
4. Coaster Express, Parque Warner Madrid - Rough and the dust blown in my eyes for half the ride didn't help, also dull layout.
3. Stampida, Port Aventura - It used to be a good Woodie until it was ruined by those stupid Kumbak trains.
2. Iron Wolf, Six Flags Great America - Rough piece of crap.
1. Corkscrew, Alton Towers - Same as above, thank god it's gone.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
5 - Mantis (Cedar Point)

It's a stand-up... And as such is not enjoyable, and certainly my least favourite CP ride...

4 - G-Force (Drayton Manor)

Yet more pain, and the awful restraints are the main cause of this, stapling is not fun at the best of times, but G-Force takes it to the next level by cementing itself into your chest... And the layout is ruined from this...

3 - X:\No Way Out (Thorpe Park)

It's so bad it's funny... But still the embarrasing leftovers from the old Thorpe owners, why more hasn't been done by now no-one knows, but it's only ridden for a waste of time and piss-taking...

2 - Vortex (Great America)

Urgh, more stand-up, are there any good ones? Either way, old B&M badness... After it I never thought I would experience a worst ride......

1 - Mean Streak (Cedar Point)

I was wrong... Oh god was I wrong... I don't know what Ohio did to deserve this, but it must have been something exceptionally bad... To deserve that mess of wood attempted to be placed in a track-like structure and then god knows what else...

WORSE RIDE EVER! Even Big Apples are better and the quicker Cedar Fair pull their concrete magic on it, the better...

Mike

Giga Poster
5) Revolution, Six Flags Magic Mountain
4) G-Force, Drayton Manor
3) Rebel Yell, Kings Dominion
2) Hurler, Kings Dominion
1) Vortex, Great America

That's a list of pain, right there.

Snoo

The Legend
NI said:
1 - Mean Streak (Cedar Point)

I was wrong... Oh god was I wrong... I don't know what Ohio did to deserve this, but it must have been something exceptionally bad... To deserve that mess of wood attempted to be placed in a track-like structure and then god knows what else...

WORSE RIDE EVER! Even Big Apples are better and the quicker Cedar Fair pull their concrete magic on it, the better...

I've always been an avid hater of Mean Streak.. but you need.. MUST ride it without the trims. The ride is a COMPLETE 180 from the trimmed rough death that is Mean Streak.

People told me this, and I didn't believe them.. but then I rode it.

That is how the ride SHOULD ride.. a really good ride tbh.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
^ That's sad that Mean Streak could be good but instead CP has completely ruined the ride...I didn't find the ride too rough but it was terribly slow and boring. The trimmed drop is ridiculous.