RCF

Strata Poster
My first NL coaster released to the public:

BOLT
Statistics:
Height: 175 ft/53 m
Speed: 61 mph/98 kmh
Length: 2811 ft/856 m
Inversions: 4 (Loop, Immelmman, 2 corkscrews)

bolt101104210135006.png

bolt101104210114005.png

bolt101104210105004.png

bolt101104210043001.png

Download

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
Ok.....
first you had a couple spikes you probably know, but we don't want spikes.
Some of the turns are way to sharp you should make them a little bigger, so it doesn't spike.
The lift hill seemed a little too steep for an invert too, but you did make it strait so good job!
You also used prefab supports which you want to avoyed but it your first coaster
4/10

RCF

Strata Poster
I was aware of all this so thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one who thought this. But uh, yeah I know this is kind of off topic and completely random, but can we kind of, use correct grammar? :)

nealbie

CF Legend
I was very disappointed to find this neither white, nor fluffy, Chris! ;) :p

Other than those vast oversights to the "theme" it's not bad, a bit odd in places - but it's a first effort and better than anything I could do! :lol:

RCF

Strata Poster
UC said:
Oh, so I'm on topic:

The lift hill seemed a little too steep for an invert too, but you did make it strait so good job!

Yes, RCF, I too would like to commend you on your use of the "I" key.

Thanks UC, that was the hardest part for me I'm glad you liked it :wink: :p

nealbie

CF Legend
Also, just noticed that you've only got 6 rows for your train - surely you need 7/8 for an Invert? It does look stupidly small on the loop :lol:

Just sayin', still luv ya ;)

nealbie

CF Legend
UC said:
nealbie said:
Also, just noticed that you've only got 6 rows for your train - surely you need 7/8 for an Invert? It does look stupidly small on the loop :lol:

Just sayin', still luv ya ;)

Surprise.

I'd doubt that was much more than 110ft, let alone 175! :lol:

But thanks for the coaster lesson, I'm glad. :p

Error

Strata Poster
Ow.

Layout wise, it's not too bad. Element order is quite nice. However, it is just way to big for the short layout. 150-some-odd-foot tall ride usually has a very lengthy layout, where as this could be nicely done at 100ft. Lots of banking needs to be done, mostly at the end (pulling 5G lat is very bad). If anything, it's underbanked. It's also very bad for your trains to overshoot the brake run (IE, they're too short and too low). I'm not going to touch the subject or prefabs *twitch*

Overall, you have inspiration and ideas. This is very clear. You know what makes a good layout and a thrilling ride. However you just need to build on the skills and learn from your rides. Any good ridemaker will tell you it takes practice (any bad ridemaker will tell you it takes tools :p)

3/10, but keep at it!

unlimitedcoaster

Mega Poster
Typically, most B&M trains are 8 rows. A custom car texture and custom supports could have given this ride some points. From the looks of it, some turns look too tight. I think you need to spread the ride a little. But not bad! 5/10