What's new

Bobbejaanland | Fury | Gerstlauer Triple Launch Coaster

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That is a STRONG set of final brakes.

I mean, it looks okay? Not going to make the trip specially, but will be nice to ride at the park.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I like it, aside from the fact that the end of it feels pointless having the spike since it doesn't use it. But yeah, looks fun.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
I think this is a POV from the first test run. The later test runs it went up the spike a bit higher. So meaning the speed is higher (Or the breaks didn't catch on as much)

Hutch

Strata Poster
The launch and the top hat are the only slightly interesting parts. Rest of the ride just looks a whole lotta meh. They could at least go for something more snappy.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Am I the only one who won't watch this onride video? :D

I'm not going to watch because I want to go on it this sunday without any prejudice or expectations! Just 4 more days and then I'll put my opinion and experience up here. :D

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm not going to watch because I want to go on it this sunday without any prejudice or expectations! Just 4 more days and then I'll put my opinion and experience up here. :D
If you're four days away, then yeah save yourself! I'll be interested to hear how it is for real - let us know. :)

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
I was at the exclusive opening for annual pass holders today. I went there with few expectations and I absolutely love this coaster. Undoubtedly a winner! The first time I immediately went into reverse mode. Everyone voted for backwards except my girlfriend, the dispatcher laughed when he saw that on his screen. This funny moment aside, I found the ride very comfortable. I had even forgotten that this is a Gerstlauer... Really super smooth. Backwards give the spikes a nicer feeling than forward, in my opinion. The rest of the elements are just top in both directions.

I will undoubtedly go back one of the days, although I have to go alone (anyone else who goes this days?) I still expect silence before the storm, so I take that presumably advantage.

Another plus were the free onride videos that you received as an annual pass holder. A nice memory of my first ride.

My opinion aside, now about the voting. First there is pre-sorting area in the station. On the left you go forward and on the right side you can vote.

Today there was only one train on the track (bc of an issue with running with 2 trains) which led to a queueing time of +/- 1 hour, according to another enthusiast (earlyspencer) on another forum. :)

Overall, this is definitely a smooth and very fun coaster. :D

JoshC.

Strata Poster
The thing that annoys me with the queueing system is that the voting system loses all worth.

You can either wait to go forwards, or wait to choose to go forwards or backwards. But if you're going to vote forwards, surely you'd just queue to go forwards? So you're now effectively switching between forwards and backwards dispatches 95% of the time.

Don't get me wrong, I get why they've chosen to have a guaranteed forwards option. But the way they've done it loses focus of the voting system.

Still, a really nice idea and brings potential for rides in the future assuming it's reliable. Imagine a dark ride coaster where you can vote whether to go forwards or backwards at multiple points during the ride. Something like that would be right up my street tbh..

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Here's a backwards/forwards POV of the coaster by World of Parks TV, and I am happy to report the coaster seems to have sped up!
Defo looks like a great coaster to me. It's unique at least.

PvM

Roller Poster
I was able to ride this today and I must say it's a great addition for Bobbejaanland. Definitely worth visiting for.

I did a foreward facing, back row ride. The launches are pretty forceful and the first spike was great fun. It also went higher on both spikes than shown in the vids in this thread. As for the forces: all of the airtime moments were more on the floaty side and the positive g's were strong, especially after the second inversion.

Overall great ride. Very smooth and decently themed.