What's new

Bobbejaanland | Fury | Gerstlauer Triple Launch Coaster

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Okay, Walibi Belgium revealed their plans, Bobbejaanland now announced this new rollercoaster,...

Glad to hear this park is finally doing something. The only ride I like in the park is Indiana River and that's it. Bobbejaanland is about a 10 minute drive away from my doorstep and I never felt the need to take a visit. Maybe in 2019 I should go back.

balrog

Mega Poster
Currently the triple launch coasters can be split into 2 catagories.
Star Trek, Hunger Games and Soaring with Dragon all use a transfer system and a rear spike.
Gold Rush and The Sky Rockets use a full circuit system where the station is in line with the launch.
You forgot the U-shaped shuttles. So there is 3 triple launch categories : Full circuit, semi-shuttle and shuttle.

Cheetah hunt having three separate launches and not a triple launch, it seems wise to leave it out of the "triple launch coaster" category. Maybe we could call it a 3-launch coaster or something.

Lofty

CF Legend
But, it is a triple launch? Just because it doesn't into the same bracket as the others doesn't mean it isn't one?

predeterminer
determiner: triple

three times as much or as many.
So yeah, it absolutely is a triple launch coaster - by that rule of thumb, any coaster that launches multiple times should be referred to as a '1-launch, 2-launch, 3-launch etc.' coaster. Which is just silly. I can't wait to ride Icon, the 2-launch coaster.

If you're talking about categorising the coaster experience, that's different altogether and I get where you're coming from.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I agree that it can be confusing that a coaster with 3 separate launches and one which uses the same launch 3 times are both called triple launch coasters, but you can't just invent a new naming system.
For me personally (knowing that many people would disagree) just the number of launch sections matter. You will rarely catch me calling Operation Enterprise or Gold Rush a triple Launch coaster. I just see it as one launch that needs multiple passes to build up the speed. But in the end it's the last launch that sends you into the layout.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^It's an Infinity coaster. It literally has it written on the 4th photo.

Also, this looks just like Gerstlauer's Soaring with Dragon, like what should have been coming to Kennywood.

EDIT:- Actually, upon analysing the layout further, it just looks weird tbh.

Last edited:

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
So it has a triple launch, then it has a triple brake too (or at least pass by the brakes, up the half loop, fall back down onto the brakes, up the previous element, then onto the brakes and transfer), by the looks of it.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I'm going to properly embed the images so they can be zoomed in and easier analyse:-
37829881_2002920469742336_4100274547276644352_n.jpg

IMG_20180725_230111.png

37760502_2002920493075667_1684260314046005248_o.jpg

37767182_2002920466409003_8114574157208879104_n.jpg

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
The layout doesn't interest me much at all, which is fortunate as it doesn't make me want to go back to the terrible park any time soon...

What's worse is that this will probably end up being the park's best coaster though.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The layout doesn't interest me much at all, which is fortunate as it doesn't make me want to go back to the terrible park any time soon...

What's worse is that this will probably end up being the park's best coaster though.
I like the layout, but I think I prefer Goldrush's layout because it doesn't look as weird and it looks to have more airtime. I think it looks good overall though, but not that I can really figure the out the placement of elements on the ride without a 3D simulation.

But the question is, this or the Infinity at Walibi Rhône-Alpes?

Last edited:

Lofty

CF Legend
It's really easy to work that layout out..?

Leave station > turntable > forward launch, backwards launch into half-loop > forwards launch into highest point > drop into roll/turnaround over station > roll/turnaround > non-inverting/elongated loop thing > corkscrew > brakes > half loop > brakes > turntable > station.