What's new

Bobbejaanland | Fury | Gerstlauer Triple Launch Coaster

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Bobbejaanland have, out of pretty much nowhere, announced they will open a triple launched coaster in a new themed world in 2019.

Not clear what type of triple launch coaster it is (Pulsar/Star Trek/Cheetah Hunt/Goldrush all possible I assume), but one to keep an eye on... Looopings however are suggesting something akin to Goldrush, which is be the tallest, fastest and feature the most inversions of any ride of its kind in the Beleneux, and it'll be near Typhoon and Sledgehammer.

Reactions: JSM

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I suppose Parques Reunidos have installed three different triple launch models (Star Trek, Phobia Phear Coaster, Gold Rush) in recent years, so hard to pick out a 'preferred' style for them.

I'm hoping for more Star Trek/Gold Rush than Phobia mind - not a huge fan of the Sky Rocket II coasters.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I completely forgot about Sky Rocket IIs bring an option.. Star Trek style would have been my preference, because the world needs more Mack. But a Gerstlauer could still be great.

Unsure why Facebook link isn't working. It's not a very interesting video mind.

Lofty

CF Legend
That Facebook video isn't working.

But yay! We could use another Gold Rush in the world!
Why does it ride really well or something?

This is exciting. I was gonna do Belgium this year, but gonna wait now.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I hope it's different enough from Gold Rush, otherwise I'm not particularly excited for it. Because it would just be a harder to reach version of Gold Rush to me. But it's a great investment for Bobbejaanland. If it's anything like Gold Rush, it will be the best coaster in the park by far. Belgium is improving their offerings massively.

Gold Rush is fab <3 I much preferred it over the Sky Rocket II model, especially because of the far better restraints. I haven't ridden Star Trek though, so I can't compare it.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
The world doesn't need another Gold Rush, it needs another custom layout.
A better reason for me to return as opposed to just the park just being stupid and spitey at least.

Tulum

Mega Poster
The press release also says that the coaster will be embedded into a new themed area with Sledge Hammer and Typhoon. It also says it will be the highest and fastet triple launch coaster in the BeNeLux with the most inversions. Which does not say much because there are not a lot of triple launch coasters in the BeNeLux.

peep

CF Legend
This is certainly unexpected. Don't really want to go back to Bobbiejobbie but a new Gerst launch will certainly get me back.

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
Bobbejaanland opens a spectacular new roller coaster next year. The Flemish theme park invests in the construction of a triple-launch coaster by the German manufacturer Gerstlauer. A ride consists of three launches - forward, backward and forward - followed by multiple inversions.

In Amusement Park Slagharen, a sister park of Bobbejaanland, since 2017 there is also a triple-launch coaster with two inversions: Gold Rush . It is 33 meters high. The top speed is 95 kilometers per hour. "Our variant will be the fastest, highest and steepest triple-launch coaster with the most inversions in the Benelux," confirms Bobbejaanland board member Peggy Verelst to Looopings.

The new roller coaster will be located near Typhoon rollercoaster and Frisbee Sledge Hammer, in a theme area of more than two hectares. Part of the area - three thousand square meters - is not yet accessible to the public. "This backstage area is therefore being drawn near the current park."

The activities for the new attraction start in the summer, according to Verelst. "By that time we will also announce more about the course of the course and the theme." The exact investment amount has not yet been announced. "But it will be the biggest investment in the history of the park."

Source.

Clone or not be clone? That is the question

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
In Amusement Park Slagharen, a sister park of Bobbejaanland, since 2017 there is also a triple-launch coaster with two inversions: Gold Rush . It is 33 meters high. The top speed is 95 kilometers per hour. "Our variant will be the fastest, highest and steepest triple-launch coaster with the most inversions in the Benelux,"
That part answers your question really.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Cause I'm bored, I'm going to try and predict some of the stats based on Goldrush and what we already know:-

Height:- 125-150ft tall
Speed:- 55-65mph
Track Length:- 1,500-1,750ft long.
Ride Experience Length:- 2,250-2,500ft long.
No. of inversions:- 3-4.

Trains:- 1 train with 6 cars - 24 passengers per train. (Unlikely but possible there could be a switch track so it could run 2 trains?)

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I will be interested to see how this ride is.
By that i mean currently the triple launch coasters can be split into 2 catagories (3 if you count Cheetah Hunt)
Star Trek, Hunger Games and Soaring with Dragon all use a transfer system and a rear spike.
Gold Rush and The Sky Rockets use a full circuit system where the station is in line with the launch.

The advantage of the first catagory is they can run more than one train. But does Bobbyjobbyland (yes thats how its spelt) have that kind of attendence?

Obviously the only example so far of a Gerst ride like this is Gold Rush and i assume it will be like that. But I kind of hope it isnt.

Last edited: