What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach Wallace N Gromit Press& V.I.P event

alanm4072

Roller Poster
Who went

Me, Thomas, Shauna, Toby, Torie (Kerry, William, Alex was just with me around park at times)

Got to Blackpool Pleasure Beach around 10:30 and I met up with Shauna. When we arrived, we collected a pack which contained a V.I.P / Press Pass, 30% discount in the Wallace N Gromit shop and a complimentary wristband voucher.

After this we were waiting around in the arena and then Thomas, Toby and Torie came along, we then had a quite long chat, after time went by...... everyone then made there was up to the Wallace and Gromit ride where there was a band playing and the opening ceremony began.

I liked the look of the stage as it had a Pleasure Beach back board with MR Funshine on it :D After the ceremony, I saw Peter, Vicky, Peter JR, Kerry, William (I think Alex as well) and had a quick chat before we made our way on to the ride.
When we got off, we were all given a certificate too proof we were one of the first rides and we had a look round in the W&G Shop.

We then made our way too the back off the shop and down the stairs and we entered the former Magnolia Cafe which had been massively transformed for this event. So as we entered we got greeted by a friendly member of staff who gave us some soft drinks and we took our seats. We were very surprised when we entered Magnolia Cafe because we didn't know what to expect when we got in there and it exceeded our expectations.

As we were queued up for the food, we saw Christopher Biggins and shauna was quite baffled who he was and we told her that he was a comedian and he started to speak to us. He is a great guy and cracked a few jokes along the way :D

The food was very nice, we all got a Roast Beef dinner, the only thing I didn't like was there was no gravy :D (Well we didn't see any anyways) The Beef was very well cooked and tender and everything was so nice. We then moved on to the desert which was once again nice. I had profiteroles and cheesecake which was very cheesy. We wasn't really expecting the cheesecake because a random person came up to our table and said would we like some cheesecake, we then said yes and told me to go over and get it. To my surprise it was a whole Cheesecake and we only had a few slices out of it all together.

Amanda Thompson came over and started talking to us, she asked us if we were enjoying today and enjoying the food, we of coarse we all liked it. Then there was a waiter who came over and gave us some J20's and we were all baffald because the guy said to Torie's mum there is one left and they said they would have it. So we asked her if she bought them for us and she said no, she asked for them because no one was drinking the whine on the table.

So as we finished our lunch, we went to find Amanda Thompson and she said she was sad to see us leave the junior Board but was quite surprised at me because she fought that I wasn't leaving. She then asked if we were going to see Hot Ice and we said we will. She said that's alright then, it would be like a reunion.

So when we left, we then headed in to get our wristbands from the Arena entrance so we could go on rides. We walked back up the ramp to take some pictures by the Wallace N Gromit car and we saw Anne Froggete and a few others and had a quick chat.

We had a picture took with Wallace N Gromit on the brand new green screen and Thomas bought a picture, it was dearer compared to the rest of the park as it was £8.99. Although if you bought 3 keychains, you could get each one for £3.50 each (I think they said)

Our second ride of the day was Revolution, we was going to go on Big One but it was shut but was testing. We struggled trying to get Tobie on Revoloution but in the end we made him go on, he said he'd been on before but don't know whether to believe him because of the way he was reaction. As we got on, he was a little nervous but coming backwards he just shouted, WAHOOO YEAH!. :D

We then had a go on Dodgems, then Avalanche, where Tobie and Thomas had to leave us as they were going, we then and went to do another ride on Avalanche. Not long after, the Big One actually opened so we headed over there and sat on the front seat, me and Shauna wanted to go on Shauna but We then had 4 more goes on Wild Mouse as there was no queue. Shauna wanted to then go on Ghost Train as she never done that ride before and looked quite freaked out. She said it was due to the spiders.

So I saw Ben on Alice in Wonderland and had a quick chat before setting off to go do Valhalla, which we did 3 times in row. I of course had a mac on but on the second go it kind of split a little bit and got wet on the third go. On the first 2 goes, the ride broke down in the same spot (Turnaround) it only broke down for a matter of minutes though. When we got off, we headed to Ice Blast which we had 2 goes.

We then had a race on the Grand National and decided to race each other, I was on the green train and Shauna was on the Purple and I won by about a few inches :D Went to do another Wild Mouse ride where I saw Kerry, William and Alex, then we all went off and did a final ride on the Big One where it was only us on the ride even though there was an extra carriage which was open.

Overall, today has been a fantastic day and would like to thank Pleasure Beach and everyone else involved to make today happen.

Photos from today...

My V.I.P pass for today

Shauna scoffing on a doughnut. lol

Me

Refreshments

The Stage

The band

Good turnout

W&G exterior

Shauna, Thomas and Tobie.

Funshine!

Christopher Biggins

Getting ready to pull the lever

It's officially opened! (Even though they all pushed the lever)

The crowd.

Gromit getting tied up :D

Wallace and Gromit making an apperance is coming out!

Queuing up for the ride

Everyone else again at the balcony over looking Pleasure Beach

Hard pictures to get

The transformed Magnolia Cafe

Thomas and Tom

W&G window

Looks really good

Our food

Really like this picture

Shauna tecting on her phone and was surprised about the picture

Getting ready to dig in

The gigantic Cheesecake

The table again

Thomas!

Tobie

All of us outside the Wallace N Gromit car

Some models

I also took a video of the opening ceremony which I will upload later on today :)

Thanks for looking and reading :)
Alan

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach Wallace N Gromit Press& V.I.P e

Thanks for posting. No doubt we'll hear a lot about the ride over the next few months so it's nice to have it's opening event recorded. :)

alanm4072 said:
So as we finished our lunch, we went to find Amanda Thompson and she said she was sad to see us leave the junior Board but was quite surprised at me because she fought that I wasn't leaving. She then asked if we were going to see Hot Ice and we said we will.
Lol, the mix up between "fought" and "thought" makes that a strange sentence. Glad to read Amanda still ranks Hot Ice as the most important asset at PBB.
alanm4072 said:
We had a picture took with Wallace N Gromit on the brand new green screen and Thomas bought a picture, it was dearer compared to the rest of the park as it was £8.99.
Sorry, for a second there I thought you said it was £9 for a green screen photo. Then again, the one in Peppa Pig World is £8.
alanm4072 said:
P1020566_zps5e91542a.jpg
Andy Hinembe!

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster

No gravy with beef and yorkshire puds is a disgrace! but I'll let them off cos that cheesecake looks awesome!

alanm4072

Roller Poster

Here is the video I said I was going to upload.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSJl4enMSHw

I am sorry that I missed a part of the speech because during the recoding, I ran out of memory, so I had to quickly delete some old pictures/videos so I could record the rest :)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Biggins and Amanda Thompson on the same stage is amazing.