What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach |Wallace & Gromit Thrill-o-Matic

STC

Mega Poster
Re: Wallace and Gromit dark ride @ BPB 2012

alexr said:
No they are not they are normally in North Park however quite a lot of work is due in North park therefore Nick Land and South park will be open Minus Steeple Chase.
Is that for any interesting reasons or am I reading too much into that?

alexr

Hyper Poster

^
No interesting reasons, Just the ride needs quite a lot of Maintenance

alexr

Hyper Poster

Sorry for the double post.

Some Photos from Pleasure Beach Experience of Gold Mine now closed. I'm Aware it now has a bigger fence around it.

Goldmine1.jpg

307751_10150405230226558_732591557_10451004_487714465_n.jpg

307975_10150405229981558_732591557_10451003_1973899925_n.jpg

Could this be for the Wallace and Gromit Attraction

Photos from Here

nadroJ

CF Legend

Oh no! So sad, I hope they keep the photo opportunity thing with the date on it. Urrrrgggghhhhh popular franchise tie-in rides <///////3

Lofty

CF Legend

nadroJ said:
Oh no! So sad, I hope they keep the photo opportunity thing with the date on it. Urrrrgggghhhhh popular franchise tie-in rides <///////3

The thing is, it's not THAT popular. It was in the 90's. Not so much now. They did the Liverpool Attraction at Space Port which FAILED.

Ollie

CF Legend

Am I the only one actually looking forward to this ride? Goldmine was shiite.
I really like Wallace and Gromit and there's loads of ideas you could do with this. I think it will be a massive improvement and I can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

Dave

CF Legend

I loved gold mine, I loved that simple effect when it was going 'down the mine shaft' and it just blew air in your face on a slight incline. It worked so well! Going to miss it :(

Robbie

Hyper Poster

Yeah, I've not been on Gold Mine for years but always enjoyed it. Sadly, it was closed on my last BPB trip and I'm actually going to miss it.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

This ride will be missed but my biggest problem with them getting rid of this is they'll still have the huge Gold mine themed building to sort out.

I fear with that, they'll do something similar to what they did with Space Invader which is put a badly done cover over the front of the building but leave the rest as it is.

Why couldn't of this gone in Trauma Towers? That buildings sitting empty at the moment and pretty easy to retheme.

alexr

Hyper Poster

This is what Gold Mine looks like now....
f2c59082.jpg

Also, Amanda said this to someone on Twitter:

"watch this space to see what will become of the Gold mine"

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

FOUNTAIN!

(Sorry, it had to be said)

In seriousness, though, I expect a thrill attraction in that park soon. It's been ages since the last one, and the management knows it. Not necessarily a coaster, but something to satisfy the demand. Something big and mechanical, preferrably.

Robbie

Hyper Poster

Pleasure Beach's Facebook Page is asking "what kind of ride would you like to see built here at Pleasure Beach Blackpool in the near future. A new coaster? A thrill ride?"

Most of the 273 (and counting) replies are saying rollercoaster, with quite a few asking for a Launched one.

Scott88

Hyper Poster

I am not convinced this is even going to be a Wallace and Gromit attraction, there seems to be more people saying it won't be, than it will be.

There was a coaster club (either RCCGB or CPB) which were told by PB that they are replacing the Goldmine with a coaster, so maybe they are going for a family coaster and will be getting rid of the Goldmine building altogether, but I really don't know what to expect, the fencing they have placed around the area suggests some major structual changes are likely.

I've got some very reliable sources within PB and even they are keeping quiet this year, so whatever it is, is being kept very secret at this moment in time and I do hope that we are pleasantly surprised once they do announce it.

ry1996

Mega Poster

To be honest, i think PB have something very good and unexpected that they are hiding from us.
If they are going to get rid of the gold mine building there would probably be enough room
for a family coaster there ?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Amanda (first name terms now, lol), told me at EAS that they are not getting any new coasters. Of course, she could be throwing me off the scent but her reply was very quick and the tone of her voice seemed genuine.

I'll do some more digging and get back to you.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^Did she say if they were getting any NEW MACHINES at all?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^ No but I did her shout "JOHN!" which was fab.

Trying to stay on topic, the Gold Mine takes up a large area so I can see why a coaster is being touted. I can't see a coaster happening, it's more likely going to be a themed track ride with an indoors play area.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wallace and Gromit dark ride @ BPB 2012

The fence has been painted beige.

The replacement ride will not open until 2013.

I've been asked to keep schtum. However, I can confirm that it's not a fountain :)p) and the plans look good.

I'm concerned that the charm of Gold Mine will be lost forever.

STC

Mega Poster

Hmmmm, the possibility of a coaster replacing Gold Mine?

Ian said:
The Gravity Group seemed very enthusiastic when discussing Blackpool at EAS...

Admittedly it's a long shot, but putting those two together could equal Gold Mine being turned into something like this, a hybrid coaster/dark ride.