What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I see this as a Manta+ from SWSD. That's really what this should be compared to. Good fun, not a world beater. Aka way over hyped and still 2 years away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster
As if I needed another reason to go to BPB. The parks looks amazing but this is the cherry on top!

To be young and stuck in America...

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
tomahawk said:
I see this as a Manta+ from SWSD. That's really what this should be compared to. Good fun, not a world beater. Aka way over hyped and still 2 years away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
How on earth is this 2 years away? It's opening in March/April in 2018...

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
I feel like there could have been done a lot more with the available space, this layout just seems a bit uninspired and meandering... - Not saying it won't be a good and fun ride, it just seems a bit odd to use so much money and not do more with it.
Maybe I just thought it was supposed to be a more thrilling layout, It feels very familyish and rather tame at some points...
Oh well, it has already grown a bit on me after some repeat watches so maybe my expectations have been a bit off with this one.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Not sure how anyone's unimpressed with this... Stats really don't matter. The pacing here is seamless, and looks like some awesome airtime! it has some decent speed over the top hat and through the Immelmann. And it actually looks quite intense. Looks like fun for all ages as well, and exactly what BPB needs. Probably going to be the best in the UK. More than enough reasoning for me to get over there!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Is this what everyone's been **** their pants over? Really? I expected a bit more tbh. I know stats aren't supposed to matter, but still, the layout seems a bit too meander-y. I can certainly see some airtime moments, but still, everyone on here made it seem that it was going to be the Fury 325 of the UK. Sure, it's what the country and park need, but if it were a coaster in America, it wouldn't be as hyped as this was.

Btw, I hope to god the colors in the video aren't final. They look atrocious.

Hutch

Strata Poster
It looks good. It seems more comparable to to Blue Fire than Manta. I love the interaction, and some of those turns look like they can be pretty forceful.

It won't be world class, but it'll probably be the best ride in the park.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
It's definitely no Helix, but I still think this will be better than most people think, especially those who have never ridden a Mack mega/launched coaster. They are always much better than they look and this should have some awesome airtime moments, transitions and inversions. I don't think the launches will be very impressive, but who knows. Great addition to the UK line-up and has a fair chance of being up there with Nemesis.

Above all it reminds me of Taron with one stationary launch, one rolling launch, and with all the transitions and some airtime hills. Not sure if it will be quite as good though.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Most of the people to be disappointed by this so far seem not to be UK-based. I think the hype on this forum in particular relates to the fact that the UK very rarely gets anything large scale that is actually decent (looking at you Smiler). So everyone here has lost their ****. I don't think anyone believed it would be 'best in the world'. We were just excited to finally get a ride of quality.

Having said all that, I am still really excited about this in its own right. It looks like a mini Helix and that can never be a bad thing. I remember being completely underwhelmed by a similar video of Helix's layout and Helix turned out to pack a significant punch. I've yet to go on a new Mack that disappoints. The Macklite, Blue Fire, Helix - they know how to do high speed snappy turns and Mackpool will be full of them.

Not brining Taron into the equation (because I haven't ridden it yet), I think that Mack are far better at those snappy transitions than Intamin. I found both Cheetah hunt and Juvelen quite tame to be honest.

Would I have liked more airtime on this? Yes of course. But it still looks amazing (for the UK). So looking forward to it, can't wait. :)

Ben

CF Legend
It's literally awesome I'm not sure what everyone's crying about?

Like it's fantastic?

What more do you people want?!

Oh well I'll rewind to when everyone said Helix looked crap.

davidm

Strata Poster
Yeah looks lovely to me - come on and hurry up and build it please!

(most amused by seeing the video on the BBC-TV breakfast news this morning as I was starting my day :) )

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I like the look of it, although the first half looks very very tame. They need to get the In Line right this time though, it's perfect on Blue Fire, not on Helix, don't let me down Mack.
Pacing of the 2nd half is fab though, maybe a few too many standard turns but it still looks good.
Dial up the first launch a notch and they could have quite a coaster on their hands, but it's absolutely miles ahead of everything bar Nemesis in this country, so I'm thankful.

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster
This coaster cannot be appreciated through a lets be honest (pretty bad) 3D render, Blackpool pleasure beach is the worlds most ride intensive amusement park meaning this will be weaving in and out of other coasters pathways and rides. The view of the park from the top of the second inversion should be truly breathtaking. I can't wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
Ugh this forum makes me so annoyed sometimes.

If it's not an RMC, people **** moan. Literally, this coaster is fantastic and has a great mix of airtime and high G curves, there's literally no reason to moan about it?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
airtime_uk_ash said:
This coaster cannot be appreciated through a lets be honest (pretty bad) 3D render, Blackpool pleasure beach is the worlds most ride intensive amusement park meaning this will be weaving in and out of other coasters pathways and rides. The view of the park from the top of the second inversion should be truly breathtaking. I can't wait.
This. If it were dumped on a car park, it would still be a good ride but it wouldn't be great. Interaction with other rides will make this special, similar to Jetline and Wild Mouse at Grona Lund. Yep, it could probably do with a little more speed (and so could Helix) but I'm convinced it will feel faster than it is due to its proximity to the ground and other rides.

I'm going to ignore the Americans who are disappointed. They get RMCs and Hypers every Christmas. Christmas in the UK only happens once every 24 years.

At last, a substantial, proper, pure, fun and thrilling coaster will open in the UK. I'm still on a high but the reality that it's 18 months away is slowly sinking in. Just think what else could be announced in that time!

Smithy

Strata Poster
Looks to me like there's far too many twists and turns (the parts of Helix/Blue Fire I like the least) and not enough airtime hills or inversions (the parts I like the most).

Emphasis on for me before the usual suspects start whinging.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
The quick turn after the loop on Blue Fire is great and the quick turn after the zero G roll on Helix (the dive into the helix) is amazing though. If this will have plenty of those moments, it will be a great coaster no doubt.

Also, I don't think the inline twist will be anything like Blue Fire or Helix. On the POV it seems slower and more focussed on hangtime and Wing Coaster-style near misses.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Smithy said:
Looks to me like there's far too many twists and turns (the parts of Helix/Blue Fire I like the least) and not enough airtime hills or inversions (the parts I like the most).

Emphasis on for me before the usual suspects start whinging.

Looking at your profile, your occupation fits you perfectly! Just be grateful that we are getting one of these in the UK!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Firmly in the 'loving it' camp.
Just what Blighty desperately needs - a decent sized, quality thrill coaster that doesn't sell itself on naff, 'world first' gimmicks, but still featuring many 'UK first' elements.

If I was being uber picky, a bit more height woulda nice, maybe? We all know height isn't everything, but come on... you gotta admit, it's quite nice to have it thrown into the mix sometimes, right?
Personally, I'd have thrown in a couple more inversions too. Not talking Smiler here, but maybe one or two of those gorgeous Helix style corkscrews?
But what the hell.
It'll be awesome. Like Helix, it'll be better than it looks. I'm sure we'll see some higher quality renderings in the coming months, showing the interactions and the tunnels and the surroundings etc...
Excitement levels can only go up from here.
Bring it on!