What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Lofty

CF Legend
I know this is a long shot, but, could it be anything to do with the clue-proximity of the beach and sand? Maybe a different texture that's coating the tracks could potentially be causing vibrations/pumps?

MakoMania

Mega Poster
I know this is a long shot, but, could it be anything to do with the clue-proximity of the beach and sand? Maybe a different texture that's coating the tracks could potentially be causing vibrations/pumps?
Possibly, the sand does cause them problems. Only thing is people are saying that Blue Fire & Helix feel exactly the same.

Lofty

CF Legend
They don't. Having done all three of them, Blue Fire and Helix definitely do not feel the same as Icon in terms of the vibrations. Blue Fire and Helix both have it in certain areas, but it's entirely through the layout with Icon.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I didn't feel any vibration or rattle on Blue Fire when I rode it in Easter. Icon vibrated/rattled the whole way round. In fact when I rode it in the back row, I actually thought it was going to jolt in a couple of places, but luckily it didn't. Although I fear it may in the future.

Matt N

CF Legend
Only newish Mack I've ever ridden is Cobra's Curse at BGT, and I don't remember that having any sort of rattle to it at all, so I'm hoping that Icon is the same in August. It must be subjective as to whether you feel a rattle or not, though, because Andy Rumney said that Cobra's Curse "rode like a shopping trolley like all the other Mack coasters". Also, I found Manta at SeaWorld Orlando to have a noticeable rattle, and I think I'm one of only two I know of who thinks that!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Only newish Mack I've ever ridden is Cobra's Curse at BGT, and I don't remember that having any sort of rattle to it at all, so I'm hoping that Icon is the same in August. It must be subjective as to whether you feel a rattle or not, though, because Andy Rumney said that Cobra's Curse "rode like a shopping trolley like all the other Mack coasters". Also, I found Manta at SeaWorld Orlando to have a noticeable rattle, and I think I'm one of only two I know of who thinks that!
Manta's a B&M though.

James F

Hyper Poster
Now The Smiler definitely has a rattle!
I found the rattle to just be a noise, rather than actually affecting the ride experience. I don't think it's an issue really, anyone heard some of the noises The Smiler makes? :emoji_astonished:

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

streetmagix

Mega Poster
Go and try Altair at Cinecitta world. I rode it the 2nd year it was in operation and it was rougher than SAW or Smiler. Typical Intamin.

Will

Strata Poster
Just had one ride today, second to back row around 5PM - about an hour back up after a breakdown. Sadly, it was very meh, 6.5/10.

I'll believe I'll like it more with a few more rides but that one really didn't gel with me.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Rode after 9pm today, back row, absolutely brilliant, my shirt nearly came off there was so much airtime.

I've previously said I prefer the front but I think I've now changed my mind.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Maybe they're running it a bit slack while everything beds in, leading to a bit of rattle? Tighten it up after a few weeks of constant running?

Pear

Strata Poster
How are you guys still discussing this. Every ride has a bit of a rattle whether it be minor or major. Get over it and enjoy the ride.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Great evening on the park, three Icon rides with a thirty minute queue back to the gate, celebrating fifty years of coaster riding.
I concentrated, sat front, middle and back.
No ****ing rattle.
At all.
No vibration.
At all.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Good one Sandgrown, I was going to pass such a comment yesterday.
Smoothest coaster I have ever been on, no clunk, clank or bonk from station to station.
Yet to go on it without spotting a dozen familiar faces.