What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Hutch

Strata Poster
Honestly, Time Traveler at SDC looks better than this. Other than the launches and perhaps the Immelmann and top hat, the layout doesn't look to exciting for me. Now, I still think it'll be a pretty good ride, but I don't really get get why people are so hyped about this. It looks like it'll be on par with something like Cheetah Hunt (which I think is a good ride, and the closest ride I've ridden that I can compare this too).

I hope I'm wrong though. I wasn't hyped during Taron's construction but now I understand how that's a brilliant coaster.

And I bring up Time Traveler because that's other big Mack launched coaster new for 2018, it's a natural comparison. I just think the weirdness to that ride could make it much more enjoyable and there's a couple of elements (like the 90 degree drop) that look much more exciting than Icon's elements.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
The sheer amount of directional changes on this is what I'm excited about, the number of transitions looks amazing! I also thing dropping out of a heartline roll, banking one way, then the other and then dropping down with a bit of airtime into the second launch is going to be a pretty epic moment.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Honestly, Time Traveler at SDC looks better than this. Other than the launches and perhaps the Immelmann and top hat, the layout doesn't look to exciting for me. Now, I still think it'll be a pretty good ride, but I don't really get get why people are so hyped about this. It looks like it'll be on par with something like Cheetah Hunt (which I think is a good ride, and the closest ride I've ridden that I can compare this too).

I hope I'm wrong though. I wasn't hyped during Taron's construction but now I understand how that's a brilliant coaster.

And I bring up Time Traveler because that's other big Mack launched coaster new for 2018, it's a natural comparison. I just think the weirdness to that ride could make it much more enjoyable and there's a couple of elements (like the 90 degree drop) that look much more exciting than Icon's elements.
Ugh. Time Traveler is nothing like this. People need to ride it before they comment like this.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Other than the launches and perhaps the Immelmann and top hat, the layout doesn't look to exciting for me. Now, I still think it'll be a pretty good ride, but I don't really get get why people are so hyped about this.
Mako is right.
The sheer amount of directional changes on this is what I'm excited about, the number of transitions looks amazing! I also thing dropping out of a heartline roll, banking one way, then the other and then dropping down with a bit of airtime into the second launch is going to be a pretty epic moment.
The 2nd half is exciting me, I don't think the first half will please me though apart from the roll/airtime/launch sequence. Not long until it opens and we can judge it properly.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Surely you'd need to ride Time Traveller first to make this comment without sounding like a hypocrite?
Quite.
I'd like to know how many people have ridden both a Mack Multi-Launch Spinner and a Mack Multi-Launch Non-Spinner to compare and if they are indeed as claimed, nothing alike.
@Swoosh maybe? Can't think of anyone else on here who's ridden it yet.

Temleh

Mega Poster
Just a heads up to anyone visiting for ICON... Parking is going up to £15 from May 26.

D0wCTFs.png

Hutch

Strata Poster
I think the big thing for me is the speed/pacing, which I think could be a little better here. Specifically, I think the first launch should be a little faster, that'll give some better airtime on the top hat, and perhaps make the following elements more exciting. Right now all the s-bends and transitions don't really excite me, they need to be more snappy. I need a real pov though (have they made one yet?).

I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys think after riding it.
Ugh. Time Traveler is nothing like this. People need to ride it before they comment like this.
Okay, I know it's not really a fair comparison as the rides aren't exactly the same (really the spinning aspect is the only major difference, so I wouldn't say that it's "nothing like this"), but I brought it up because that and Icon are the two major Mack launched coasters opening this year, and personally I think Time Traveler looks like a more fun ride than Icon. Obviously I haven't ridden either, but I can still make that statement based off what I've seen/heard. Honestly we do it all the time. Look at the RMC topic or B&M flyer topic, people are ranking those rides even if they haven't ridden them.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Yikes! Is [the £15 charge] for all 5 BPB car parks, or is this like the express parking at Alton Towers?
I think that's probably just the car park off Balmoral Road, which is the one directly adjacent to the entrance. It's been used for coach parking and groups if I remember rightly, and it sounds like they've decided to open it up to other cars at a significant price premium. The other car parks are a bit further away, so I'm guessing they'll be maintaining normal prices for those, but that's where most people would park anyway, so it's not going to make a lot of difference to most of us.

sandgrown

Mega Poster
During the daytime, surely you can nick a spot in the residential streets. You could park on the other side of the train tracks and walk 5 minutes over the footbridge at Blackpool Pleasure Beach BR and save the money I reckon. Look on Google maps for Woodstock Gardens and the blocks round there.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Absolutely loads of places around Pleasure Beach that you can park for free at. Even the parking spaces directly in front of Pleasure Beach are only a couple of £.

It used to be £8 for Pleasure Beaches car park, £15 is ridiculous.