What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
The shop exterior looks nice but I am starting to lose hope for the station building, which still looks ****. Why couldn't they make it the same style as the shop?

lachlan

Mega Poster
Fantastic update, it’s funny - my Apple Watch looks suspiciously like that guy’s.

Literally since April 2017, when the name and logo were announced.
Ok, I don't remember it at all in the announcement. Shame they didn't give it a Japanese name to match

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Ok, I don't remember it at all in the announcement. Shame they didn't give it a Japanese name to match
It looks like they bought the ride, then thought of a name, then hired an agency to design and promote it and that's why the first announcement and early promotion were completely different colours and looks. To me the name and theming seems like an afterthought and doesn't really fit together, but in a park like this maybe it doesn't matter.

Temleh

Mega Poster
That’s literally how 99% of attraction develop works though. For example, the name “Nemesis” came about 1 hour before the deadline after a sleepless night in a locked room with alcohol as fuel!

From the park that gave us such an inspired name as “The Big One”, I’ll take ICON all day long.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
That’s literally how 99% of attraction develop works though. For example, the name “Nemesis” came about 1 hour before the deadline after a sleepless night in a locked room with alcohol as fuel.

Yeah, but the theming on Nemesis was consistent from day one, and integrated into the ride. You can’t really say that of Icon.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Wasn't the original video in such garish colours because they knew it would wind Amanda up? Or was that just another fever dream?

lachlan

Mega Poster
On one hand I'm just glad Blackpool is finally installing a new coaster. The park is full of roller coasters with boring names and another one doesn't matter that much.

On the other, I think the half-assed Japanese theme, and posts with the owners names, both look stupid and I feel it would be better if they'd just left those elements out. Same goes for the tagline.

Back to my original point though, none of that really matters, I'm just glad to see a new coaster for the UK :)

Dave

CF Legend
31934077_1736261836456329_3653369232894197760_n.jpg

If there was one thing that was missing from this construction thread was some top quality joinery.

Temleh

Mega Poster
ATI posted all those pictures without context. When I took them and put them on Facebook, I stated that I was impressed with the LED lighting that ran around the perimeter of the roof.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
For two years I have followed the construction of ICON at the Pleasure Beach, from before the leaked info about it all, it has been exciting watching the rumours being posted online and hearing rumours amongst the staff at the park before anything was announced. I have previously never shown such interest in a coaster project and it has been an exciting journey, not only filming the updates but seeing others do the same. I filmed what will be my final Icon construction update video yesterday, the next time I film a video focusing on it, I'll have been on it;