What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Lofty

CF Legend
I wouldn't think too much into that car being there, I don't think it's gonna have a car racing theme - we can hope at least.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
I wouldn't think too much into that car being there, I don't think it's gonna have a car racing theme - we can hope at least.
I dunno. It's in the construction area, matches the colour of the supports in the promo video, and has the BPB logo and Construction MMXVIII written on in large letters. At the least, I guess they're pushing the 'acceleration' aspect of the ride.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Nah that F1 car is just Amanda's preferred method of travel. So she can go faster than the peasants of Blackpool.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Meh, Race car launches are so Naughties, not at all original. I agree that Black&Orange works though, wasn't a fan of the Green either.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Hmm, am I alone in actually preferring the green? This is far to 'Oblivion' for my liking.
It was just the vivid fluorescent Green which I disliked, not against Green in all shades. Oblivion was around 20 years ago though, and if it works then why not?

Lofty

CF Legend
It was just the vivid fluorescent Green which I disliked, not against Green in all shades. Oblivion was around 20 years ago though, and if it works then why not?
Agreed. Not to mention that Oblivion's track is primarily black with hints of orange, Sue...

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Agreed. Not to mention that Oblivion's track is primarily black with hints of orange, Sue...
The only orange on oblivion is its trains, station and queue line. It's track and supports are completely black, not to mention the GP couldn't care less about the Rides colour, and there's a lot more of them than what there is us.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Club Pleasure Beach Experience have posted some pictures from today's official start of construction, including a nice shot over the station towards the two launches!

Construction%202018%20Nick%20Thompson%20and%20Contractors_zpsldqzixtb.jpg

Construction%202018%20site1_zpsx7gekkah.jpg

Construction%202018%20site_zpsv5vdo14y.jpg

Construction%202018%20Nick%20Thompson%20and%20F1%20Car_zpsdpezmoa8.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
The only orange on oblivion is its trains, station and queue line. It's track and supports are completely black, not to mention the GP couldn't care less about the Rides colour, and there's a lot more of them than what there is us.
There's stickers and decals all over the supports with orange - hence the 'hints' of orange ;)

I didn't mention anything about the colour scheme being important to fans or GP? I really don't understand why you quoted me and wrote that, but, ok?

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
So what if Oblivion is black and orange? That colour orange is very distinctive and the first connection I made was with 'Oblivion orange'. And I would argue that colour is much more important to the GP than anything else about a ride - 'let's go ride the red one', etc.

Alton is Blackpool's main competitor and Oblivion is one of the most well known and recognisable rides in the park thanks to its colour and visability.

Anyway, I loved the ridiculous green.

Last edited:

Smithy

Strata Poster
Was gonna say at first that F1 car looks like the one that went down the Big One all those years ago but nah, scratch that.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Was gonna say at first that F1 car looks like the one that went down the Big One all those years ago but nah, scratch that.

Apparently it's the one that normally sits outside the Grand Prix ride. Not sure if that's the one that went down the Big One though?

Lofty

CF Legend
It is that F1 car that went down The Big One.

If this coaster has a track of orange and grey supports, nobody is gonna say 'Looks like Oblivion', it just won't happen.

EthC

Mega Poster
I don't know if people have seen this or it has been discussed but Nick thompson who is the Deputy Director has been saying the coaster has been saying that the coaster will reach 100kph instead of the 80kph first quoted on the press release.

mouse

Giga Poster
I dunno. It's in the construction area, matches the colour of the supports in the promo video, and has the BPB logo and Construction MMXVIII written on in large letters. At the least, I guess they're pushing the 'acceleration' aspect of the ride.
Maybe the car is just there for construction purposes and the ride is actually themed around diggers.

Mermalizer

Roller Poster
I'm partial to both colour schemes - I think the green and orange would look better in person. Black and orange would be nice though, maybe like 'Black and Decker: The Ride'?
Not sure about that race car though. Racing is a very, very common theme for launch coasters.