What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Lofty said:
Those trains aren't for this, though?
Yeah, Mack are still working on 5 other projects for this year and 2017, chances are those trains are for something like Star Trek rather than this. There's no chance they build the trains this far in advance.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Groundwork will really kick in for this new coaster just after the Pleasure Beach season is finished (6th November), so I don't think much is going to change in the area where its going between now and the end of the year, I think track will arrive at the Pleasure Beach around this time next year.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Another Construction 18 Interview, but this one is with Nick Thompson. Full credit goes to Pleasure Beach Experience (Scott88):

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buXuF38PLT8[/youtubevid]

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, this will not be 'one of the most exciting rides on the planet', just no. If I was Nick, I'd be pushing it to be named 'the UK's most exciting' etc., it's not gonna come close to Helix or Taron in terms of intensity, experience or excitement.

Lofty

CF Legend
I don't get the relevance of this? Why didn't you just finish the POV then look at the forum? :lol:

Lofty

CF Legend
But this forum will still be here, the coaster will still not be constructed after 3 minutes of video :lol:

It's one of my closest parks, too. But, I'd rather watch a POV of Helix than look at another post on a topic that nothing new is coming to play.

Lofty

CF Legend
This is what I don't get? You post utter **** and then have a passive-aggressive comment back. Surely you've been on here enough now to know that the posts aren't contributing and you're being pulled up on the same things again and again? Come on, it doesn't take a lot to just start to change your posting style and actually try to contribute.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Look, ok. I have nothing better to do, and when no-ones doing anything interesting on this site, I will post something random on one of my favourite topics. (Obviously not completely random). That is just how I function...

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
ATI said:
Look, ok. I have nothing better to do
Noah fence, but you should spend more time being a kid while you've got the opportunity to, instead of constantly spamming on an internet forum because there's "nothing better to do". We are not young 4eva.

when no-ones doing anything interesting on this site
You expect things from us, but no one expects anything from you. That's so sad :(

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Could that be the dullest interview ever? also - the closed caption guy did an awful job - nickelodeon land = including land and 2018 = 2008 team??

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster
Lofty said:
Yeah, this will not be 'one of the most exciting rides on the planet', just no. If I was Nick, I'd be pushing it to be named 'the UK's most exciting' etc., it's not gonna come close to Helix or Taron in terms of intensity, experience or excitement.

You don't know this for a fact though do you? I'm sure if you loaded a crappy nl2 video of those two almost 18 months before opening it would be the same! You harp on at ati for posting crap yet you yourself have just compared two fully built and operational rollercoasters to a no limits video bravo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ethan

Strata Poster
airtime_uk_ash said:
Lofty said:

You don't know this for a fact though do you? I'm sure if you loaded a crappy nl2 video of those two almost 18 months before opening it would be the same! You harp on at ati for posting crap yet you yourself have just compared two fully built and operational rollercoasters to a no limits video bravo

It's true though, the layout looks fun but it's not the second coming of Jesus like people here were making it out to be. I'm sure it'll be a solid coaster, but anything on Helix or Taron? I doubt it will be.

As for ATI, just ignore him. I'm sure he'll get banned sooner or later for sheer dullness.

Lofty

CF Legend
airtime_uk_ash said:
Lofty said:

Actually, yes I do.

The speed of the coaster is reputedly 49.7mph into an 88ft airtime hill, I'm gonna use the term 'airtime' loosely as I can absolutely guarantee you'll only receive a slight pop entering and leaving the element - unlike Helix's airtime hills that consist of constant negative G until you transition out of the element.

Helix is so fantastic because of the ground-hugging layout that navigates down the hill, picking up speed in an organic form (minus the two 'boosts'), this mixed with the incredible airtime and really snappy quick transitions. This doesn't have anywhere near the same fluidity with the layout, they're really two completely different coasters.

Taron is so incredible because of the theming and the sheer force, not to mention the second launch (that's nearly 75mph). The second launch on Taron is so so so so powerful and doesn't feel like it's going to stop pushing you, Helix's doesn't have that and neither will this. The reason it works so well is the fact that you slow down ever so slightly before the launch to make it ore impactful and the audio int he area is synched with the train to make you have one last breathing space before kicking in with the second launch. I can absolutely guarantee, this coaster will run like Helix, the second launch is fun, but it doesn't actually feel like a launch - it feels like a slow push to gain momentum again, I can't explain it, it's something you've gotta experience to understand.

So yeah, it'll be great fun but just not on the same level as Helix nor Taron - but it'll still be one of the best coasters in the UK the day it opens.

So, I can 'harp on' all I want, thanks. What he was saying was completely different, he was stating that he had to stop watching a POV to look on a forum at a post? That's completely different from the point I'm trying to make. So let me make a suggestion? Before you try to call a member out on here, and one who actually knows what he's talking about, I suggest that the post actually refers to said said argument in a format that makes sense and isn't just complete rubbish and an obvious misunderstanding like above.

Thanks ;)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
As for ATI, just ignore him. I'm sure he'll get banned sooner or later for sheer dullness.

LOL Banned for what? I haven't broken any site rules, so as much as you want me to be banned, it's just not gonna happen. And even if I do get banned, I'll just create a new account. So before you continue mouthing off **** about me, make sure to think about it first...

Smithy

Strata Poster
ATI said:

LOL Banned for what? I haven't broken any site rules, so as much as you want me to be banned, it's just not gonna happen. And even if I do get banned, I'll just create a new account. So before you continue mouthing off **** about me, make sure to think about it first...

Aye, I'm sure that'll stump the mods. Who have access to your IP address. And wouldn't possibly guess the new poster talking absolute guff and garbage would be you. I'm sure you'd manage to blend in unnoticed just fine.