What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Project 2018

Video was boring and could have just been posted as pics somewhere. A video wasn't needed for this "update".

I appreciate them trying but I hope the next update is actually interesting.

Scott88

Hyper Poster

DelPiero said:
Video was boring and could have just been posted as pics somewhere. A video wasn't needed for this "update".

I appreciate them trying but I hope the next update is actually interesting.

It's difficult to please everyone, since we've been doing the YouTube channel we've found it more beneficial to do as many updates by video than by just posting photos, especially as PBE is a lot more popular on its Facebook and Youtube channel than on its forum these days (as much as I wish the forum was a bit more lively!).

The next video will probably cover any more removals around the PB Express track and anything else new spotted around the park, hard to please everyone but there has been plenty of interest and positive feedback on the last update video, I do appreciate the feedback though and we'll try to make the updates more interesting, but like I say hard to please everyone really!

Smithy said:
Yeah garbage was a bit harsh but I think that was more aimed at ATI for expecting 100 pages of discussion for what was a basic update video.

Yeah, no denying it was a basic upload of what has happened since the last update video we did really. I don't think there's anything to get overly excited about yet because the ride hasn't even been confirmed yet, it's just a case of BPB fans getting a bit excitable when anything new is likely to happen, afterall since Valhalla there hasn't been much for us to get excited about!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

Yeah, no denying it was a basic upload of what has happened since the last update video we did really. I don't think there's anything to get overly excited about yet because the ride hasn't even been confirmed yet, it's just a case of BPB fans getting a bit excitable when anything new is likely to happen, afterall since Valhalla there hasn't been much for us to get excited about![/quote]

What about that second hand Vekoma SLC that everyone forgot about in 2007?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

^I think the 'Second hand Vekoma SLC' part answers your question. Nobody likes SLCs, especially second-hand ones.

Lofty

CF Legend

Meh. Until solid groundwork starts (more than likely in the off season, or early next season, this type of 'grasping at straws' content is the only thing we're going to see.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

Scott88 said:
The next video will probably cover any more removals around the PB Express track and anything else new spotted around the park, hard to please everyone but there has been plenty of interest and positive feedback on the last update video, I do appreciate the feedback though and we'll try to make the updates more interesting, but like I say hard to please everyone really!
First of all, I'll always appreciate people who are able to go to the park and spend time filming updates for others, it takes time out of the day from riding things, so thanks.
I'm sure once actual construction begins then you will have plenty on interesting content and those videos should definitely be posted on here, but a few seconds of new markings and footage of a skip with an incredibly screechy train as background noise is not interesting, sorry.

Anyway, as exciting as this project is, I think I'll refrain from posting in here again until we have deliveries, groundwork or park comments.

Lofty

CF Legend

Nope, both fishing for content to be the 'first to show news'.

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster

What are the odds of these plans being dumped for a second hand kanonen!! Let's hope not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott88

Hyper Poster

airtime_uk_ash said:
What are the odds of these plans being dumped for a second hand kanonen!! Let's hope not

Don't be silly, I'm pretty sure if BPB wanted an Intamin launch coaster they'd have bought one in the mid 2000's like plenty of other parks were doing.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

airtime_uk_ash said:

Let's see... that would imply the following:

- All design work for the new coaster would have been for naught
- BPB cancelling the contract with Mack
- Amanda (or whomever) changing the plans for the 2018 addition less than a year-and-a-half before it's due to open
- A new site having to be prepared at BPB, to accomodate a coaster with Kanonen's very specific size and footprint

Perhaps some park's as-of-now-unannounced 2020 plans are being changed in favour of Kanonen. Perhaps Liseberg signed a letter of agreement to sell Kanonen a year or two ago, while B&M (or whomever) were surveying the site. But it is almost completely certain that BPB would never start design works with one company, then cancel at the last moment to build something completely different. Coasters are usually sold or commissioned years before they're actually built. For relocations, the coaster is often sold long before its removal is even made public.

TL;DR - The odds are virtually non-existent.

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster

Scott88 said:
airtime_uk_ash said:

Don't be silly, I'm pretty sure if BPB wanted an Intamin launch coaster they'd have bought one in the mid 2000's like plenty of other parks were doing.

As I understand it the park was majorly in the red during that period hence over a decade without any real investment.

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster

Pokemaniac said:
airtime_uk_ash said:

Let's see... that would imply the following:

- All design work for the new coaster would have been for naught
- BPB cancelling the contract with Mack
- Amanda (or whomever) changing the plans for the 2018 addition less than a year-and-a-half before it's due to open
- A new site having to be prepared at BPB, to accomodate a coaster with Kanonen's very specific size and footprint

Perhaps some park's as-of-now-unannounced 2020 plans are being changed in favour of Kanonen. Perhaps Liseberg signed a letter of agreement to sell Kanonen a year or two ago, while B&M (or whomever) were surveying the site. But it is almost completely certain that BPB would never start design works with one company, then cancel at the last moment to build something completely different. Coasters are usually sold or commissioned years before they're actually built. For relocations, the coaster is often sold long before its removal is even made public.

TL;DR - The odds are virtually non-existent.

Well thank you for putting my mind at rest! This is the first ever coaster I plan on following the construction on!

Given Bpb's relationship with liseberg as well as the parks fondness for going for the cheaper option I kind of put 2&2 together and made 9

Temleh

Mega Poster

I believe we are very close to seeing something exciting happen... Stay tuned!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Yeah, I think so too!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mandsthompson/status/781037245822275584[/tweet]

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

In the meantime, lets be one of those goons who sees a crumb of information and makes a loaf of bread from it. So let's over analyse her tweet because she must have left a clue!

Sun...Sky....Blue....it rhymes, too....no full stop....posted at 08:46....

Yes, definitely a Mack mega coaster! Can't believe she gave the game away.