What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Project 2017

Nice fresh looking bridge/walkway. Amazing how you can clear that much free space in what is quite a densely populated park.

Promising.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

I feel like the new walk ways adds a lot of atmospher to the path by Avalanche because it's actually busy now, it looks fantastic too!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Smithy

Strata Poster

That actually looks really good.

And opens up a massive space, as soon as that **** Grand Prix is gone it'll be huge.

Robbie

Hyper Poster

The bloke who spent all of last year painting lillies around the water area must be pissed off!

Jamesss

Hyper Poster

Let's just say, if they don't use that space to build a decent coaster, they're missing a hell of a trick.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

^I'm sure the park aren't going to purposely build a bad coaster... But then did get Infusion so you never know... I've got high hopes for this tbh, I can see it being the Nemesis of Blackpool, putting the park back on the map!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mushy999

Roller Poster

Is it likely that the coaster will stay just in the newly created space or is it possible it could cover other areas? Wasn't there rumours about it potentially using the monorail station? Sorry if I've completely made that up.

Ben

CF Legend

I'm hoping if it is a Helix style ride it will mince around more of the park - the best bit about Blackpool is how loads of stuff is on top of other stuff, which Helix also does well.

Speculating is so fun!

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

I'm so glad is Pleasure Beach what we are speculating about though, I mean I like wonder what Thorpe and Alton's new rides will be but theirs something more exciting about this for me, I can see Pleasure Beach really shaking things up with the UK industry and by hopefully having a ride without a gimmick it can show Merlin that people will visit if a ride is just a good ride.

Dave

CF Legend

Ben said:
I'm hoping if it is a Helix style ride it will mince around more of the park - the best bit about Blackpool is how loads of stuff is on top of other stuff, which Helix also does well.

Speculating is so fun!

Imagine if it starts at the height of the Monorail station, and like Helix meanders before launching. It would be fab.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

^But if it does that, it should stop before it launches, as those feel more intense(assuming they're using LSMs).

DelPiero

Strata Poster

^ Maybe. One of the real highlights of Helix is how the ride flows, the launches may be a little weak but the whole ride melts perfectly together.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

I really hope it's an awesome new coaster! I have wanted to visit this place for years but until they geat a high quality thrill coaster it's not justifiable.

Temleh

Mega Poster

_koppen said:
I really hope it's an awesome new coaster! I have wanted to visit this place for years but until they geat a high quality thrill coaster it's not justifiable.

They already have one, it's called Wild Mouse! You're not a true enthusiast until you've ridden that thing in my opinion. :p

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

Temleh said:
_koppen said:

They already have one, it's called Wild Mouse! You're not a true enthusiast until you've ridden that thing in my opinion. :p

and nash! :lol: Special one too that! Though pretty much all of their coasters are great and unique!

Robbie

Hyper Poster

If you've never been to BPB there's plenty there already to justify a trip. No point waiting for another coaster that may or may not happen.

Lofty

CF Legend

But if you're coming from far away (The States) and can't afford multiple trips, wait a year or two and it'll be even more worthwhile.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Temleh said:

I do have heard it's an awesome ride and I really wan't to ride it, as well as all of the old woodies and the horse thing. Really hoping it will be in 2018! :angel: