What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Future Predictions

James F

Hyper Poster
So Pleasure Beach Experience just uploaded a video sharing their predictions for the pleasure beach within the next 10 years.

They discuss how you have to be realistic when thinking about the restrictions that the pleasure beach has such as the limited budget they have, which got me thinking ... what would be your realistic and dream predictions for the pleasure beach be in the next 5 years?

For Example mine would be:
Realistic:
2019: Appearance improvements
2020: Grand National structural work
2021: Thrilling Flat Ride (in the space of the wild mouse)
2022: Family rides/changes to Nickelodeon Land
2023: Gravity Group woodie (similar to Twister) - in the space next to the big one's first drop.
Dream:
2019: New Vekoma trains for Infusion/River Caves refurb
2020: Gerstlauer Bobsled Coaster in the space of wild mouse & trauma towers.
2021: RMC Grand National
2022: Rebuild/refurb and reopen Noah's Ark
2023: BPB history museum, new lighting, replace planet rock with a new dark ride.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I'm about 99% sure there was a topic for this... Somewhere.

I agree with your realistic predictions, although in terms of their next coaster, most things would be a great fit.

Last edited:

James F

Hyper Poster
I'm about 99% sure there was a topic for this... Somewhere.

I agree with your realistic predictions, although in terms of there next coaster, most things would be a great fit.
True, they don't exactly have the best coaster line up.

mouse

Giga Poster
Realistic:
2019: Large fountain where Wild Mouse used to be.
2020: Demolish Grand National and replace with set of fountains.
2021: Begin construction of Amanda Thompson statue as big as the Blackpool Tower.
2022: Cease operation of Icon to raise funds for underwater lighting.
2023: Underwater lighting installed in all fountains.

Dream:
2019: Large fountain where Wild Mouse used to be, with set of smaller fountains around the outside.
2020: Demolish Grand National and Big Dipper, replace with set of fountains.
2021: Begin construction of Amanda Thompson statue twice as big as the Blackpool Tower.
2022: Cease operation of Icon and The Big One to raise funds for extensive underwater lighting.
2023: Extensive underwater lighting installed in all fountains.

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
might get another decent new coaster in another 20+years

Fantasy Booking as reality is sad

The dream would be get the grand national and/or big dipper the RMC treatment or at least some nice new track

Shame there isn't a Morgan to do a Phantoms revenge on the Pepsi Max as that would be class

Knock infusion down and put anything manufactured by B&M in its place ( if not how about a nice replacement log flume)

Few decent flat rides wouldn't go amiss either. Top spin, giant frisbee and the like

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Shame there isn't a Morgan to do a Phantoms revenge on the Pepsi Max as that would be class

If possible, this would definitely be my number one priority for the Pleasure Beach - PMBO has so much wasted potential!
Couldn't Chance Rides do it? After all, they were the ones who acquired of Morgan's assets when they ceased to be in 2001. Lightning Run has a surprisingly similar track style too, so in theory they could supply new track.

I can't see a big new thrill coaster coming for a while, but definitely some flats, and maybe a family coaster (Vekoma suspended anyone?)

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
If possible, this would definitely be my number one priority for the Pleasure Beach - PMBO has so much wasted potential!
Couldn't Chance Rides do it? After all, they were the ones who acquired of Morgan's assets when they ceased to be in 2001. Lightning Run has a surprisingly similar track style too, so in theory they could supply new track.

I can't see a big new thrill coaster coming for a while, but definitely some flats, and maybe a family coaster (Vekoma suspended anyone?)

Maybe they could, thing is with something like that it could either make it brilliant rather than just alright but I would expect it would be a huge investment due to the size of the thing and it would be a very long term project

henryjwillis

Mega Poster
Realistic(ish):
2019: Proper spruce up of the dated/run down areas of the park, infusion repaint
2020: Huss top spin to replace Wild Mouse
2021: Re-tracking of roughest parts of Grand National and/or Big Dipper
2022: Nice new food outlets, general improvements
2023: New small footprint coaster, maybe a raptor/t-rex, Mack big dipper, modest Intamin/Mack spinner

Dream:
2019: Re-tracking and re-profiling of Grand National and Big Dipper, reveal Wild Mouse demolition as an elaborate hoax
2020: Invert
2021: Fix that one headlight on Icon
2022: A couple of thrilling and a family thrill flat
2023: Replace PMBO with an obnoxiously large Intamin/Mack hyper.

A 100ft+ GG/GCI would also eventually be on the cards.

sandgrown

Mega Poster
The Space Invader area is a good bit of space. That pizza restaurant isn't that important. Maybe something could go there if they tore that down or repurposed it.
Personally, I'd just be happy if they reopened Watson Road tunnel so I could walk home through it. It's not even their land the cheeky bastards.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The Space Invader area is a good bit of space. That pizza restaurant isn't that important. Maybe something could go there if they tore that down or repurposed it.
I actually quite like Big Pizza Kitchen, I dine there every time I go to the Pleasure Beach. I wouldn't have a problem with them knocking down the Space Invader building as long as they relocate BPK somewhere else in the park.

rob666

Hyper Poster
There is still space for a full ride above Big Pizza Kitchen.
You could probably squeeze a small coaster up there.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I would rather them just bulldoze the building tbh, it looks a bit out of place next to NL. But if they do so, I beg them to move BPK.

sandgrown

Mega Poster
I can't see them building another woodie. I don't think it would attract many punters. Their line-up needs diversifcation, rather than reinforcement. After a couple of fallow decades, the park needs a gimmick or headline-grabber. They don't have the money to do a new Big One, but they need something that they can put some kind of boast about into their marketing, and boost the park's profile. That's an attitude that's rightly criticised on here; however BPB have just built a new quality coaster and if they built another ride that had some kind of daft "world's first/Europe's most... etc", I wouldn't hold it against them. Budgets may not allow it, but I think it's what the place actually needs. It's not just about making rollercoaster geeks happy, it's pushing to get the park busier.

Last edited: