What's new

Black Hole: Alton Towers "Spruce Up"

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
Yes, Alton Towers' 'Black Hole' has been spruced up by Gerstlauer and is now looking for a potential buyer, one would hope Alton bought it back, but the colour scheme looks too garish now, too similar to Sonic Spinball, maybe when Sonic Spinball is moved, this could move where it now is. Wishful thinking, and it wouldn't be the same if you could see the track.

sdc19045.jpg

Image from www.belantisfans.de

Painted in a Spinball Whizzer livery, Black Hole is alive again, please someone in the UK buy it!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Amanda Panda says they're after potential buyers, so its up for sale. Its at Guersterlaurer's HQ as they revamped it.

tks

Strata Poster
It looks nice all done up! Although it doesn't look nearly half as scary as I remember it being.. Being inside a pitch black tent really helped with the scare-factor!

Someone buy this! :D

Waffleman

Mega Poster
I personally don't want Alton to get it back, I'd rather it spent some time somewhere else, and AT got some new exciting ride in the "Hole".

PS: Where did you find this out, can you link to a source please?

Waffleman

Mega Poster
I think it looks really nice, Although I can't see it going back to Alton I hope it goes to a nice home :). Has alot of history.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
tks said:
Someone buy this! :D
I hope someone buys it to put on the German fair circuit. It's perfect for that & would make a great addition to the standard wild mouse coasters that appear everywhere.

marc

CF Legend
This is from Screamscape.

2011/2012 - Black Hole - (4/22/10) It’s only a rumor right now but we’ve heard that Sommerland Syd (Denmark) is very interested in obtaining Alton Tower’s former Black Hole coaster which has been completely furbished by Gerstlauer and was seen set up during a recent facility tour.

A

Anonymous

The Sommerland Syd rumour didn't pan out in the end, they got some Fabbri Spinner instead for this year.

Anyway back to the Black Hole, it looks like it have finally found a new park to call it's home. This time in Sweden in a small park called "Furuvik" which is located roughly 100 miles north of Stockholm (possible to reach by train if someone is interested in going there). It will be renamed "Rocket" will be available for brave Astronauts in all ages...

RCDB - Rocket
www.parksandresorts.com

mouse

Giga Poster
They've done a good job with it, it's looking good.
Hope it stays in the UK.
Not sure why, but I have a feeling chessington might buy it. :?

Jake

Strata Poster
^

loefet said:
Anyway back to the Black Hole, it looks like it have finally found a new park to call it's home. This time in Sweden in a small park called "Furuvik" which is located roughly 100 miles north of Stockholm (possible to reach by train if someone is interested in going there). It will be renamed "Rocket" will be available for brave Astronauts in all ages...

RCDB - Rocket
www.parksandresorts.com

It might pay you to read the topic before posting ;).

Lofty

CF Legend
I don't know if anybody feels the same way about this, but, When I used to Ride Black Hole, it seemed like it went on for AGES. But when you see a POV, it's such a small layout. I know it must be to being in the dark and not being able to tell the layout and such, but yeah, It's just funny.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
Seeing that pov the ride just looks really lame and outdated.

The thing that made Black Hole really cool was that it was in the dark, and the little effects. When you bring out into the daylight you can really see how lacking the ride is.

It's time at Alton has long passed.