What's new

Black friday

insanecoastervids

Hyper Poster
So now in the modern world Thanksgiving is not really a holiday because people leave there house's at 7 to go black Friday shopping were everyone runs into a store and buys stuff do any of you guys do black Friday shopping.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
No, because I don't know anyone who celebrates Thanksgiving in England or goes shopping specifically for the Black Friday sales.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
They've really tried to push it in the UK thus year, but it's mainly just supermarkets, which everyone is ignoring. Amazon have been doing discounts all week.
I don't think it'll take off here as it has in the US as shops don't benefit from the thanksgiving holiday

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I love the whole concept. Let's show how thankful we are for what we have. Then, the following day, trample each other to death while we grab more, more, more!

nealbie

CF Legend
gavin said:
I love the whole concept. Let's show how thankful we are for what we have. Then, the following day, trample each other to death while we grab more, more, more!

Exactly, it's much more akin to the original spirit of thanksgiving than having the family round for dinner! :p

Really the trampling should happen first and then during the meal the next day everyone can celebrate their wanton destruction together!

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Watching videos from this "event" every year reminds me how my country has gone full retard, and there is no coming back from it.

At this point we are Rome, and I am sitting back with some Tito's Vodka in my hand ready to watch it burn down.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Apparently some woman got punched in Asda up near Gateshead. So says the lady behind the till in TK Maxx at the Metro Centre :lol:

Robbie

Hyper Poster
I can't really get my head round the idea of shops doing massive discounts 4 weeks before Christmas. Isn't this the time to make most profit?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Nah, it's the time to clear your stock of all the complete **** nobody would think of buying the rest of the year, but will now because it's "black Friday" - even though it's more expensive than it has been in a previous sale ;)

You do it for year end, so you're as cash rich and stock low as you can be hitting the poor season in the New Year.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
Apple UK engages in Black Friday and apparently, so does Asda :/

I'm not surprised really, seeing as Asda are part of Walmart.

Anyone that sees shopping as a recreational activity needs to get a life.

marc

CF Legend
Asda were selling TVs that were years old that had just been left in storage.

People just had to grad them then found out they were not even digital ready lol.

I suppose for £99 that's not to bad but for £100 more people could get a really good 32" digital ready tv.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: RE: Black friday

I got most of presents I am giving this year on Friday. Skylanders BOGO and Disney Infinity same? Plus a cheap 2ds for my brother? Done. Now I just have to get gift cards.

55" led tv was $229, that's a good deal regardless if it isn't a major brand.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Watching people kill each other like zombies for **** after giving thanks like Gavin said, makes me have no faith in humanity.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Pierre said:
Apparently some woman got punched in Asda up near Gateshead. So says the lady behind the till in TK Maxx at the Metro Centre :lol:

Yeah, but that's a daily occurrence up there isn't it? :p