What's new

Big Cat Adventure Kingdom [NEW COASTER!]

nealbie

CF Legend
Set deep in the heart of Scotland at the turn of the millennium lies an extended African wildlife safari park with rides and roller coasters to thrill and entertain guests along with the animals of the savannah.

I present to you African Adventure and Wildlife Park!

Overview12000.jpg

Overview22000.jpg

This park is targeted at families, but with the impending announcement of its new 5 year development plan, sources close to the park are suggesting that over the next few seasons more thrill based rides and attractions will be added. Along with a continual expansion of the wildlife park.

SafariView22000.jpg

SafariEntrance12000.jpg

AdventureView12000.jpg

Coaster Lineup:-

Name: Corkscrew
Model: Vekoma Corkscrew
Built: 1989

Corkscrew2000.jpg

Name: Savannah Flyer
Model: Arrow Suspended Coaster
Built: 1995
Info: Custom design cleverly constructed in order to give an intersting and unique view of several of the animal enclosures.

SavannahFlyer12000.jpg

SafariView12000.jpg

HippoEnclosure2000.jpg

Name: Old Indie
Model: CCI Wooden Coaster
Built: 1999
Info: The park's latest addition and major attraction winds its way through the landscape in the far corner of the park.

OldIndie12000.jpg

IndieOverview12000.jpg

Other Rides:-

Adventure Cups & Chairswing

PizzaHut2000.jpg

Enterprise

Costa2000.jpg

Skyway Monorail

ParkEntrance2000.jpg

Chairlift

WoodlandWalk2000.jpg

Coming soon, 5 year development plan for the period 2000-2005!

Enjoy. :p

That looks superb. I like the idea behind this, and let's hope this developement plan is more exciting and tells us more than the one at Alton.

Cheers jokerman. Hopefully you will enjoy the development plan more than Alton's. I'm sure as hell looking forward to making it happen! :p

And here it is......

Park Management said:
Due to the massive financial success and major influx of guests over the past season; we, the management of African Adventure & Wildlife Park, present to you the public our 5 Year Development Plan for the period 2000-2005.

This is the single most ambitious project the park has ever undertaken, as we look to not only become Scotland's premier park, but also to hopefully begin to compete on the same scale as Alton Towers and Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

Midway through the project (2003), our long term development plan will be announced after a close analysis of our continual progress over the next few seasons.

So without further ado, here is African Adventure and Wildife Safari Park's development plan:-

• Year 1 (2001) - Construction [to be started close season 2000] and completion of Project Force. A large scale coaster to become the park's signature ride (possible world record attempt).

Year 2 (2002) - Focus to be turned on the Wildlife section of the site, with the introduction of a new species. Clearing to begin for 2003 coaster. Flat ride for Adventure section.

Year 3 (2003) - Project 3(Free). Thrilling coaster with small footprint, to be placed in Wildlife section.

Year 4 (2004) - New animal show for Wildlife area. Flat ride for Adventure Park.

Year 5 (2005) - Closure of Woodland Walk and Chairlift for construction of Project Speed, to be completed for a summer opening.

To summarise the park is looking to be able to cater for the thrillseeking market over the next few seasons, whilst still maintaining the family attractions and expanding the Wildlife Park in order to do so.

After completion of the plan, the park would like to be able to say that it has a whole host of rides and attractions to suit all types of guests.

Thank you for your time.

Park Management as an aside said:
Nothing official on Project Force will be announced until nearer to the date of completion. But what I will say is that once construction begins it's going to be pretty hard to miss it.

Coming Soon - Project Force Teaser

Guesses as to what it is are most welcome. :p

I've been on a real life toilet bowl helix now! They're as much fun as you think :)

^ Nothing, I don't see the problem with toilet bowl helixes, haha.

It looks pertty good, I mean, you could use some more buildings and the paths seem like kind of dispersed and narrow, but otherwise I think if you're planning on developing it more, it is promising.

Still no guesses as to what the new coaster will be?

A correct/close guess and I'll show the teaser :p

Give me some tips on the hills etc? When ever i try a hill, it ends up just a massive spike. I try and build it up in an area (Instead of one big hill). But something never normally looks right.

Also. Do you build the coaster, then the hill. Or the hill, then the coaster? Thanks

Build the hill, then use one of the smoothen tools so that it doesn't look jagged and spiky if that's not the look you're going for.

Personally I build the hill to how I want it to look, editing it slightly if the coaster wont go there. But you can build the hill around a pre existing coaster.

Thanks. Hopefully i can start a park soon. Usually spend hours on a little bit, see the time and just think, ive done nothing in 2 hours. ahah

Due to an impending takeover by the "2 Swords" chain. The 5 year development plan has been put on hold.

However, Project Force is to be completed and opened for the public (later than planned) in the Summer of 2001.

Updates soon.

I like the park a lot actually. Pretty scenic etc etc. I shall reserve full judgement until we see the completion of Project Force for a full judgement.

I am a bit unsure of your Corkscrew though. Soemthing not quite right...

Well the "2 Swords Group" has taken over the park to add to their chain of 3 other locations in the UK: Checkersland Park of Adventures, Smalltown Turret and Thrill Gardens.

This has led to the rebranding of the park, along with a new name. Big Cat Adventure Kingdom!

A spokeswoman for 2 Swords has made an announcement:-

Following the completion of our acquisition of the former African Adventure and Wildlife Park, we are delighted to announce our new attraction, "Big Cat Adventure Kingdom".

Soon we will announce our plans for the future of the park. Outlined in a 5 year plan. This will be released shortly after the grand opening of Project Force in July of this year.

We look forward with anticipation to this event, and on behalf of the 2 Swords Group I hope for you to all be present as we unveil our coaster.

More information will be revealed after the coaster is revealed to the public, which for you lucky people is within the hour!

Enjoy.

Comments much appreciated :)

Here it is! The moment (a few of you) have been waiting for! PROJECT FORCE!

The 2 Swords Group and Big Cat Adventure Kingdom presents to you.... Ultimate G-Force!
Shot0023.jpg

Europe's Tallest (215ft).....
Shot0014.jpg

Fastest (77mph).....
Shot0016.jpg

Most Forceful (5.2g).....
Shot0021.jpg

Steel Roller Coaster!
Shot0018.jpg

Shot0019.jpg

Shot0020.jpg

Shot0017.jpg

Shot0013.jpg

More coming soon...

I think that this has alot of potential, I'm gonna give you a few points to make it look way better because I know that it can.

First of all the ground is completely flat in the pic above. If you want realism and also a more nicer looking park you gotta include some hills, maybe a valley or river or my personal favourite a few hills with a nice little pond in the middle decorated with rocks or something. This just adds the 'wow' factor to the pictures you put on here. If your planning on building there then I reckon that you should still do that and then build around the terrain :)

^ Them buildings are way too blocky. I suggest making the first layer of walls come right out to the path (don't forget windows!) and finish it off with short bushes around the edge. And don't forget mist! It's the finishing touch to coming out of buildings/tunnels on rides so don't forget to add some ;)

Other than that I think its quite a nice looking layout and if you take them points into account it'll hopefully boost some more people back into this forum :--D

Dan - Points well noted. I already have something inmind for former site of the corkscrew by Ultimate's lift hill so don't worry :wink:

And here's a teaser for y'all. 2 Swords' first coaster for the park, on the site of where Corkscrew was; and it's extensively themed, with the new owners fully flexing their muscles on this one!

Shot0024.jpg

Comments appreciated guys.

Very nice. I like the mist, nice idea ;) haha

Anyway if it's a castle. Wheres the moat!? Don't forget adding trees too, but it looks great so far.