What's new

Best/Worst Standup

jedijack

Roller Poster
I for one HATE standups, but if you're looking for the best, I'd say Georgia Scorcher at SFOG. It's decently smooth, and it's not too painful down there either. The worst for me is Green Lantern at SFGA. I swear i was violated on that ride.

BBH

Giga Poster
Best - George Carlin
Worst - Kevin Har--

Oh.

I've only ridden Iron Wolf, and it was kind of actually really vile.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I don't really hate standups the way many people seem to, but they don't do that much that's special for me either. As far as best & worst go, I think Georgia Scorcher & Green Lantern are both pretty OK, while Shockwave at Kings Dominion kind of sucks.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
1. Riddler's Revenge
2. Georgia Scorcher
3. Mantis

Snoo

The Legend
The former Iron Wolf at SFGAm sucked. It was the first B&M.. what can ya do.

Chang is still my favorite, with Riddlers not far behind.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Out of the three I've been on - Chang, Mantis and Shockwave - Chang was by far the best and Shockwave is least my favourite.

Chang was perfectly timed and of a decent length.

andrus

Giga Poster
1) Apocalypse - A fun little ride! Sure it has a couple of moments of headbanging, but nothing severe. The layout is pretty decent and with some cool theming it makes up for a good fun ride!

2) Shockwave (KD) - Ok, so this was a bit more painful and nothing I would ride again if given the chance. But tbh it wasn't that bad, and it got the funky airtime-bit which was a bit odd on a stand-up! :p

3) Green Lantern - Horrible, horrible ride! Got of with a major headache as a result of all the headbanging.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Best - Shockwave
Not the best - Shockwave

I've only been on the two ;)

nadroJ

CF Legend
The Togo at Kings Dominion was FAB I adored it (everyone else hated so no re-rides =///)

Most of the others are vile, Apocalypse (Iron Wolf) was total ballbag though.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Best = Riddler's Revenge, probably followed, though not closely, by Mantis (seriously don't get the hate for Mantis at all).

Worst = That piece of **** at King's Dominion, though the thing at Carowinds isn't far off.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
1) Green Lantern - Long, forceful and fun. Came off it feeling like all the energy in my body had been zapped from me, and that's not a bad comment on it!

2) Mantis - My first B&M stand-up and I enjoyed it a lot. Trim was unnecessarily noticeable on the drop, but was expecting something bleugh and actually found it to be very fun.

3) Apocalypse/Iron Wolf - wasn't as bad as I expected, although was very jarring at times on the neck.

4=) Skyrider and
4=) Shockwave (KD) - one was smoother than the other, but I can never remember which one. That's about as much as I can say about them to be honest.

6) Shockwave (DM) - Dull. Just so dull. Not a very comfortable ride either for such a simple layout.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Skyrider is a million times smoother than Shockwave. It's actually a decent ride with a nice bit of airtime.

They're pretty much identical layouts, but the smoothness of Skyrider makes it a decent ride, while the roughness of Shockwave absolutely destroys it.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
gavin said:
Best = Riddler's Revenge, probably followed, though not closely, by Mantis (seriously don't get the hate for Mantis at all).

Worst = That piece of **** at King's Dominion, though the thing at Carowinds isn't far off.

Mantis made KDs shockwave feel like sofa - the ride!