What's new

Best / Worst Park Food

A

Anonymous

furie said:
Camelot is really bad for food, but I think the worst is probably Legoland. Not a lot of choice and really expensive.

I thought Camelot was the class leader in crap food.

Alton has the best food from what I have found Nemesis nosh or the BBQ near to rita.

most of the camelot food places are bad or one of the traveling burger stands in BPB if there still using them.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Best

I had a bloody awesome full course Mexican at Phantasialand at a great Mexican themed restaurant. The food was flawless & tasted downright good.

Worst

Lightwater Valley. We bought burgers there & when you bit into them, they were hollow with like no meat inside. The buns were burnt to a crisp it was like eating paper. [/u]

Homer

Hyper Poster
Best: Busch parks, Holiday World, Disney World, and Kennywood.
Worst: I can't really recall.

Best: Holiday World and Busch Gardens Europe.

OMG, I didn't have anything to eat there but are you talking about that restaurant next to the picnic tables we were sitting at? The one that has like, the Thanksgiving-y dinner type items? That looked ridiculous.

They also have the best Lemonade ever.

Snoo

The Legend
Yes. Myself, Aidan, and Jerry ate there on our visit and it was fantastical. I wish we would have eaten there before!

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Fresh Fish and Chips in Forbidden Valley at Alton has to be the worst. I had these fish finger type things that just tasted like the most revolting, artificial, rotting fish ever.

The best I've ever had was at the Cinderella Restaurant at Disneyland Paris. Some of the finest food that I've ever eaten. :p

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
furie said:
Camelot is really bad for food, but I think the worst is probably Legoland. Not a lot of choice and really expensive.

well - I had half a chicken and chips for about 8 pounds last year - and that was pretty good!

Best now is the djurs sommerland buffet!

Dave

CF Legend
Best I had was at Alton with the kebabs, so lush, even if it burnt my mouth off!

Worst- Port Aventura, how much!?

Martyn B

CF Legend
I haven't been for a years now, so it may have changed sicne then, but Drayton Manor had always had the worst food in my opinion. I never like taking packed lunches to parks, but with Draytong I had to, as their food just isn't edible.

The best would have to be Alton, their new selection is really nice, and well priced too.

(Oh and thank for the tips on Lightwater, may have to take some fodo with me now, I'm off there tomorrow!)

A

Anonymous

expensive

I cant say there have been any horrible tasting food, but the prices are rediculous. We got chicken tenders with 5 peices of chicken and fries, and it cost us 7:50$ for ONE! Thats rediculous :x

marc

CF Legend
Heide Park, try and get a drink there.

We could only find slush you want anything else get in a 30 min queue.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Yeah, I remember is being pretty tricky trying to find something decent to eat and drink at Heide.

I opted for the cafe beside Desert Race but even then they took ages with the pizza and drink I ordered and that was on a really quiet in the park.

There is nothing worse having to queue for food when its wasting valuable ride queueing time.

Ollie

CF Legend
Legoland Windsor is horrible to eat at. Long queues STUPID PRICES and that's WITH an Annual Pass. And even then the food you get is tiny and horrible. Best would probably be Farup Sommerland or Djurs Sommerland. :)

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
In the UK the best are:

Alton Towers- Always enjoyed the food there and the places to eat are nice as well.

BPB: The Italian Job all you can eat buffet is lush and Thor's Fish and Chip Place is also very nice. Always like eating here.

The Worst:

Legoland: A sandwich and a drink was £6.50 which is ludicrous

Camelot Theme Park: Cheap, tacky and made me ill on the way home.

In the rest of the world I would say the best are:

Disneyworld Orlando: Just fantastic wherever you go (apart from Pizza Planet which takes forever)

Knotts Berry Farm: Amazing selection

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat too much at amusement parks, but LaRosa's pizza at KI was really, really really good and KBF's pizza (can't remember the name) is really, really really bad.

tks

Strata Poster
Eating some strange unknown german meal in Tripsdill sent me into a two day dairy induced-coma. So that wasn't too great.

Error

Strata Poster
Honestly, I've never had terrible park food (mostly since we pack a lunch).

I can't say anything about Disney's park food price wise (VIP meal tickets=awesome!), but their food was filling and really varied. Everyone got what they wanted without having to travel far. My favorite was...actually they were all awesome.

Midway Market for the live was the first time I ate at Cedar Point (Minus employee food), and it was a fairly good value. All the food was hot and filling, and the staff was nice.

Worst would be at King's Island I guess. The Skyway was awesome (surprise, I don't like chili), and really liked the chili spaghetti thing, but the western place where we had lunch had very expensive food that wasn't great. Though, I had a plain chicken breast.

Didn't eat at SFGAm (Employee food was ****, though. Moldy buns...), and didn't have anything besides funnel cakes and a coke at SFoG.

Yup, that's about it.

CMonster

Giga Poster
For me, best would have to be all the disney parks I've been to, especially Epcot for all the variety.

Busch parks also have most of the time had good food for me. The ribs at BGTs Steakhouse are really good, as is everything else there. There's some good italian at the desert grill, and other good food at the crown colony house. But overall at every busch park the best is their french fries and chicken strips. Soooooo Good... :p

Worst would have to be... I don't have a worst, seeing as I either pack my lunch or eat at places I know are good. Plus, I like most food. :p

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
We normally take pack lunches but if we do eat at a park then it will most likely be a McDonald's, Burger King or KFC.