What's new

Best / Worst Park Food

Simple question; what is the best and the worst park food you have ever eaten?

Before this year I actually never bought food inside of parks except maybe a slice of pizza here and there, but now that I have a better taste of everything, Panda Express is probably the best food in a park I've had, but that's hardly fair because it's actually a chain outside of parks as well. As far as exclusively inside of parks, I'd say Midway Market buffet at Cedar Point, and Waldameer's lemonade.

Worst? Kennywood's macaroni. 'Nuff said. The chicken place at Six Flags St. Louis had some pretty bad regular chicken, but their firey wings were pretty bomb.

Electric Umbrella at Epcot had amazing hot dogs though, come to think of it..

Ben

CF Legend
Hershey has the best food! A Subway and that chocolate. Mmmmm... <3

Tibidabo properly has the worst park meal I've ever had. The pizza... *pukes*

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Hmmm difficult to think of the best. I rarely worry/think about food at parks to be honest. I tend to just pick up snacks along the way.

Having said that, the chicken skewers at the Happy Valley parks are lush, and really cheap. I was eating those things all day.

Worst has to be Drayton Manor. Not much choice at all, and what they did have was crap.

Steven

Giga Poster
Thorpe, Alton, Drayton and Busch Gardens, Florida have all given me food poison. Nuff said they are the worst.

Brown Derby at a Disney park in Florida. (Think it is at Animal Kingdom) is by far the best. Second, Paultons Park U.K.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Busch Gardens Europe has delicious food, themed differently for each country that comprises the park. I'd have to say the German food at Das Festhaus is my favorite, while the barbecued beef & chicken in New France are also amazing.
Islands of Adventure also has great park food, including a very good, albeit expensive, full-service sit-down restaurant in Mythos. Then you have to consider that CityWalk is just outside the park, which has a great selection of chain restaurants.
Also worth mentioning is Dollywood... best smoked turkey legs I've ever had.

The worst food I've had? Probably Elitch Gardens. Crappy parks tend to have crappy food, and this was no exception. They really didn't have a lot to offer aside from the basics: fries, pizza, burgers, dogs, sodas, and fried chicken.. and even this stuff was mediocre.

Also, 666th post ... :twisted: woo creepy

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Can't remember what its called, but there was a good resturant next to Mavvys lift. Even saw a rollback while eating! lol!

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
best: had some nice stuf at dlp, and universal in floriday was quite nice. rita's chicken and ribs is veryt good too!

worst - the wimpy at camelot, how they made a cheeseburger taste that bad....

PLCP

Mega Poster
It is Chick-Fil-A.

And all of WDW's food is the best. Even though its about 25x normal price, they have some **** ing delicious stuff there.

marc

CF Legend
Best I have had is every Disney Park.

Worst is Thorpe, the KFC is never good the bread is always hard and the chicken is always dry. BK is always luke warm.

Drayton is very poor, long queues and very little choice.

Emmett

Giga Poster
The worst food I've had so far was at Camelot Theme Park. The chips were possibly once of the worst things I've ever tasted and I can still recall the horrible taste. I don't know what they were serving that day but it tasted nothing like chips. The gravy on top was too watery and the drink tasted watered down. Awful. :evil:

marc

CF Legend
See what I find strange at Thorpe and Alton is its well known food outlets so there is simply no reason why they should not be the same as the high street.

coastermac

Roller Poster
Worst is definitely Light Water Valley. A burger consists of a sweaty burned sock (Bread) and burned hollow paper with a light seasoning of semen inside (Meat).

Was comically crap :)

Not sure about best, but the All-you-can-eat Pizza/Pasta buffet at Alton was Amazing!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Alton has some fantastic food now.

The kebabs are fantastic, the Pie and Mash is brilliant, the buffet is lush and the Ribs place is delish.

Even the Mexican is edible!

The contracted in places are awful though. With excellent in-house food, why do people bother with substandard brands?

Camelot is really bad for food, but I think the worst is probably Legoland. Not a lot of choice and really expensive.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
^Although they have dropped their prices this year: "down 10% from 2008 prices"... Still very expensive, but it's good, well prepared food IMO.

Drayton Manor is pretty shoddy for food.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Best: Nearly anything at any Disney park. Knoebel's. DelGrosso's.

Worst: Any place that charges $9 for a slice of pizza, or offers a $40 'family value meal'. Yeah, I'm talking about Six Flags.

^ Six Flags has RIDICULOUS prices.. Next time I go to one I'm just gonna starve myself. The Panda Express at Great America was pretty good though, and besides, the guy there was pretty hot.

I usually settle for just a slice of pizza or something when I'm at parks.. I can actually go all day without eating but if I have to pick something fast, it's usually pizza.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
^I see people getting Panda to go all the time. I LOL every time as there's one down the street that's cheaper and with bigger portions.

I have started going the route of eating before and after a park visit or leaving a park to eat, more and more often. I am not a captive audience, so don't price gouge me.