Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dinn Corporation

• Roller Coaster Corporation of America

• Total voters

msep003

Roller Poster
last year i found out that GCI were Really really good . Especially with their Millenium Flyer Trains .

I've ridden gwazy in Busch Gardens Tampa and i found the coasters rougher and rougher every year . The Only GCI i rode with the old PTC Trains .

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
OK, I voted for GCI even though my top two are both Intamin... What gives?

Aside from Balder (#1) and El Toro (#2), I don't have any other Intamins in my top 50 wood, (Yes. I actually have Colossus at #60. Must have been a really off day, cuz I was NOT impressed.)

Meanwhile, every GCI, (except Roar west, which I just rode this year for the 1st time. It hasn't aged well or it's been maintained poorly, the design/layout seemed pretty good.) is in my top 50, with quite a few of them in my top 20.

I like GCI's creativity and curves, flow and feel. Plus, I like the trains they've made quite a lot.

Intamin has only made 8 wood coasters, half of which (the prefabs) are reportedly or IMO, very, very good. The other four (I've been on all 4) are pretty blah. GCI has 14 coasters (I've got 12 of them) out there already, and pretty much every one has been full of WIN, unless the park doesn't stay on top of the maintenance, (Hershey, BGA and 6FDK, I'm looking at you.) and that isn't GCI's fault...

So to me, GCI is the better coaster designer / builder based on consistently making high quality rides.

Ask me again after Intamin makes a few more prefabs, and I may change my tune, unless GCI just keeps getting better...

yinyang

Mega Poster
Although I've probably got my facts wrong, (I seem to be very good at that :p ) I'd have to say Intamin for Balder. (If i'm wrong then I'll say the correct creators of Balder.)

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Ben said:
CCI made Asterix's Zeus. Which just hurts.

THANK YOU!

I thought I was the only person who found that ride totally mediocre at best.

...and lol at CreditCrazy for voting Intamin despite never having been on one! :lol:

Plus, I like the trains they've made quite a lot.

I don't understand why everyone loves the trains. The seats are amazing, but I couldn't stand the restraints because if you try to get a little bit of space to allow for extra airtime, they just end up falling down. But yeah, the actual seat part is super comfy.

Just out of curiousity Chris, did you like Rumbler?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
The seats are uber comfy, and although the bar does tend to drop on you, since I don't care if I have extra space under the bar, that doesn't bother me.

Rumbler? I guess you could say that I like it.

It's my #16 woodie out of 153.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
^Yeah, but you like Cedar Point, so obviously our tastes are very different than mine.
:p yourself.

Actually, Rumbler was fun both times I went to Beech Bend, with the visits two years apart.

A

Anonymous

Intamin FTW!
a great example is el toro, with max intensity and max smoothness, too!

Snoo

The Legend
rollermonkey said:
^Yeah, but you like Cedar Point, so obviously our tastes are very different than mine.
:p yourself.

Actually, Rumbler was fun both times I went to Beech Bend, with the visits two years apart.

You are also a coaster whore who has scavenged the world looking for rides which 95% of us haven't heard of.

:p