What's new

Best Theme Park in the UK

A

Anonymous

If I can't say what I want on the forum then **** you I will stop posting, whether or not my posts are 'sweet FA' is subjective.

RCF

Strata Poster
aahh this is what I love to see after a small hiatus. Typical Americans (somewhat like myself) :roll:

^And the point of a forum is to join discussions and not say random **** that has no point whatsoever. The point is to contribute and if you can't contribute, then why the hell are you here?

tks

Strata Poster
Alton Towers.

After a visit there today there really is nowhere else like it in the UK. The setting is just perfect, the rides (mostly) blend into the surrounding areas perfectly and it actually has themed areas!

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
oliver57 said:
If I can't say what I want on the forum then **** you I will stop posting

No! Please don't go! I'm so sorry I said anything! Coasterforce just won't be the same without the amazing contributions you've been making over the many. many minutes you've spent here! Come back...

Banned for **** posting and being a general knob. New members, please take note: read the forum rules and and act on any private messages you get from moderators.

Oh, and Alton Towers for having the best coaster selection and atmosphere etc.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Probably get hammered for this but never mind lol. :p

For me its, PBB followed by Thorpe and then Towers. :)

If it wasnt for Stealth and Loggers Leap (call me sad) I would probably prefer towers.

PBB always has and always will be my number one place to visit.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Scott88 said:
Probably get hammered for this but never mind lol. :p

For me its, PBB followed by Thorpe and then Towers. :)

If it wasnt for Stealth and Loggers Leap (call me sad) I would probably prefer towers.

PBB always has and always will be my number one place to visit.

There's certainly a preference for some people towards "riderideride" which makes them prefer PBB and Thorpe. You fall off one ride and right onto another. PBB wins out over Thorpe because it's unusual to have much of a queue between rides. So you can surf the adrenaline. It's certainly why I much preferred Blackpool to Alton when I was younger - permanent high from all the riding.

So it's a valid view if that's your thing :)

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Thats pretty much it Phil, but the funny thing is outside of the UK, I really like Port Aventura even though thats more like Alton Towers than PB & Thorpe, but it comes down to me really enjoying the majority of rides at Port Aventura where as at towers I only like a few of the rides on offer.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Alton wins for me on pretty much every aspect.

From the rides, to the scenery, themeing, and even their own food is very good!

I suppose the only way it is let down is the flat ride aspect, which could do with a wee update!

A

Anonymous

3.thorpe park(stealth is great)
2.blackpool pleasure beach(more of an a amusement park but still great)
1.alton towers(great rides, great theming all round great park)

A

Anonymous

Alton Towers purely for it's more diverse range of coasters :) Gotta hand it to em on the theming too! When you think Oblivion is a single drop, the whole psychological films in the queue line build up suspense the first time you ride!

Was quite impressed with Hex too! and although I was underwhelmed with the charlie and the chocolate factory boat ride, I thought the glass elevator section was quite quirky and although it pales in comparison to the detail at Disney parks I was still impressed by it for a UK attraction

A

Anonymous

I think Alton Towers is no doubts the best. I have a soft spot for Oakwood, even though it is not the best, I live near it. :--D

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
NASHER said:
^
Is thorpe a "theme park" then ;)
Thorpe Park is a theme park. It has themed areas and rides. Some of which have more themeing than Alton, who's major coasters are predominantly more stylized than themed.

Themeing can reference a general mood or style, such as with Air or Oblivion, but it's usually about referencing a period or place. Thorpe does the latter.

Doesn't make Thorpe's themes better by any stretch, but it is a theme park and in the typical sense more so than Alton.

One thing I've noticed about American parks is that they are generally regarded as having no themeing, when in most cases they have more physical themeing than parks in the UK.

A

Anonymous

favorite uk park

I think it has to be thoepe park they seem to be geting great themed rides like saw then the saw the horror maze, i thought that was well worth it!!! :--D

A

Anonymous

I personally prefer Thorpe to Alton (I have been to both) because of the tradition of excellent theming and varied experiences. Although Nemesis is far superior to Nemesis Inferno. Also I love all the rides at Thorpe (Rush, Samurai, Vortex...).