What's new

Best Theme Park Firework Display

Ollie

CF Legend
Easy question. What's the best Firework display you've seen at a park?

Mine has to be Horror en el Largo at Port Aventura during their Halloween event.
It had an amazing soundtrack and I liked the fact it wasn't just fireworks. It has water fountains, kites, jet skis, a water-skiing Beetlejuice, giant dragons and fire on the surface of the lake.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehIV6x_wz6Y&hd=1[/youtube]
Going to Florida this summer though and I'm sure the fireworks at Disney are amazing. :)

CMonster

Giga Poster
Epcot and Magic Kingdom have awesome shows... out of the two, I think Epcot wins. I haven't seen it in a while, though.

Can't really think of any others I've seen, tbh.

Mr. X

Roller Poster
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot is the greatest fireworks show I've ever seen by far, and especially so when it has the holiday finale.

Ben

CF Legend
Firework shows can all go away and die somewhere, I didn't even BOTHER watching Wishes, but, Illuminations gets me just a little wet.

Does Fantasmic count...? Cause that's just the best thing ever.

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
I saw one at CP two years ago. It was fair, but I was in life for Maverick, so I didn't see a single explosion :p

KD does a few every year, but I am never impressed TBH.

OfficialAltonTowers

Roller Poster
Epcot is by far the best one that i have seen, for me its more the fact that they do it EVERY night, which is even more impressive,

PortAdventura's were very good, I also enjoyed Altons 2010 Ultimate Firework display, i quite enjoyed it (the fireworks were better than Th13teen the ride, and there was no queue for the fireworks :p )

marc

CF Legend
Halloween Wishes at the Magic Kingdom by miles and miles. We have them on video and can watch it over and over.

The Xmas ending at Epcot was fantastic as well, but the Xmas ones in the Magic Kingdom were a bit of a let down. The problem with the whole display at Epcot is its so old now have seen it about 4 times and only bothered last time as we had nothing to do.

Artichoke

Mega Poster
Disney World Magic Kingdom. The firework display is absolutely breathtaking. It's one of the main reasons I love the park.

Ollie

CF Legend
Which one is it that has someone dressed as tinkerbell going down a zipwire to make it look like she's flying? I saw a video and really wanted a go on it. :p haha

Lofty

CF Legend
Horror En El Lago <3

The music, lighting, fireworks, water effects and stunts REALLY fitted together. I remember myself, you and Maddie with beer in hand watching it the first time! Lush!

Fantasmic was great, they're pretty much the only fireworks I watched at Disney. I can't say I'm a huge fan of fireworks, because the Detroit-Windsor firework display is one of the biggest in North America, and since I've watched that every year almost, they get a bit boring.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
KDGrizzly4Life said:
I saw one at CP two years ago. It was fair, but I was in life for Maverick, so I didn't see a single explosion :p

KD does a few every year, but I am never impressed TBH.
CP's is a joke & you didn't miss a thing. The ones at KD & KI aren't much better.

I really like Fantasmic & Halloween Wishes at Disney, but I have to say that my favorite was the one at Hard Rock Park. Fireworks. water fountains, lasers, lights, fire & Rock n Roll! Such a shame. :(

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Fireworks: a perfect way to watch money go up in smoke. So fitting for Hard Rock Park.

I don't think I've actually properly seen park fireworks since Disney World when I was a kid. I seem to remember the ones at Epcot being the best though.

I got to see the Tokyo Disney ones from my balcony every night (well, when I was at home and before I got bored of them) though. That was pretty cool. They were just a bit too far away to tell how good they were/weren't though.

nealbie

CF Legend
Flambards' Display in Summer 2008 to 'Rule The World' was <3

It obviously must have been done on a tight budget because: Flambards. But it didn't feel like a cheap display - knocked Legoland, Alton Towers, PortAventura, Disneyland Paris and Thorpe for six! Stunning.

binton16

Roller Poster
I've only seen 2 at theme parks. Flambars was my favourite. you coulnd see the Drayton Manor one very well. But the opportunity to ride shockwave in the dark was fun.