What's new

Best starter drop tower

MinteButtons

Mega Poster
Many times I have wimped out of drop towers, so I've decided that it's time I manned up and went on one.

Can anyone recommend the best towers to start on in the UK?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well, you're sort of limited for choice in the UK. I found that the way Apocalypse is 'half' buried underground allowed me to get on the ride and get strapped in etc, without really realising how high it is. Having said that, I think it was Hurukan Condor that was my first 'real' drop tower!

I found that it was the anticipation that killed me with drop towers, however after riding a few on the USA Live I've become a lot happier riding them. They still get the adrenaline pumping, but I'm not going to 'wimp' out anymore.

Just go for it! They can be intimating, but just think "if these people in line can ride it". You'll love it once you're off it.

Lofty

CF Legend
I personally think you should start with Apocalypse, Drayton Manor. I enjoyed this more out of some of the others in the UK!

If you want to venture further away from the UK. Get to Port Aventura and hit up Hurakan Condor. You will never fear a drop tower again lol.

.:Matt:.

Roller Poster
You might be best to start on a shot tower, the anticipation doesn't get to you as much with you starting on the floor.

Ice Blast is probably best. :D

MinteButtons

Mega Poster
A friend has just rung me up and said that she's taking me to Drayton Manor in a week. I'll try my hardest to get on Apocalypse then. :--D

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Go to Dorney, ride Demon Drop, and never ride another drop tower again.

You'll have already experienced the best. :p

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Don't do this. It will put you off for life. Other, newer drop towers can be quite enjoyable.