Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Dip Dab

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Double Dip

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Mike

Giga Poster
The ultimate in sherbet based confectionery experiences, and your childhood wasn't complete unless you managed to get sherbet all over the carpet!

But which one do/did you prefer?

sherbet_dip_dab.jpg

The strawberry lollipopped Dip Dab.

article-1173950-04B136BA000005DC-102_468x350.jpg

The sherbet sticked Sherbet Fountain

double-dip.jpg

The multi-flavoured Double Dip.

Vote away now!

For me, you can't beat the sherbet/liquorice combination of the Sherbet Fountain!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The sherbet in a Sherbet fountain is the best ever. It's lush. Sadly ruined completely by liquorish and soggy paper.

Dip Dabs are just a recipe for sticky hands.

The Swizzle stick is the best thing about a Double Dip - far too sweet for me these days :)

pluk

Roller Poster
Was definitely Double Dip for me when I was a kid, but now it is the Dip Dab.

Also, the best flavoured vodka I ever made was Dip Dab, all the sherbet and crushed dabber head from a couple of packs in a 75cl bottle left for a couple of weeks to break down is amazing! Now you've made me think of it I think I'll knock some up later for Christmas use. :--D

nadroJ

CF Legend
I love sherbet!

Sherbet fountains are amazing, but require a specific technique that involves slightly crushing the tube to crack the sherbet around the liquorice to avoid an explosive situation. Satisfying though.

DipDabs are awesome, but you have the issue of corners versus round shaped lollipop. Because of the incompatibility of shapes one often ends up with corners full of sherbet with requires a licked finger or tilted bag technique (see crisp-bits topic) which actually nullifies the entire point of a DipDab.

Double Dips always seem like an amazing idea, double the flavours, yay! However, the swizzle stick doesn't have the right consistency to become sticky once licked and the sherbet is a thicker more sugary substance instead of the powdery stuff one finds in Sherbet Fountains and DipDabs. And you have a similar DipDab situation where the swizzle stick is round ended and the packet corners are square, meaning you have to resort to other ways of retrieving said sherbet.

Pros and cons analysed, I think I'll go with the Sherbet Fountain.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Simple. Buy a sherbet fountain AND a double dip. Give the liquorish to a Swede (after coating it in salt and cow dung or whatever they class as a cultural delight :p ) and then the double dip MINUS the Swizzle stick to pluk.

Use the Swizzle stick in the sherbet fountain and everyone's a winner :)

Martyn

Giga Poster
I have never known what you're supposed to do with a sherbet fountain. The liquorice has a hole through it implying that it's a straw, but sherbet isn't fluid enough to be suckable, and it'd just clog up once it got to the wet end.

Anyone care to enlighten me? Have I been missing something for the 29 years I've been on this planet?

Mike

Giga Poster
Apparently you're supposed to bite the top off and it is supposed to be used like straw.

I tend to just pour the sherbet onto a small plate and get the whole stick covered in a good layer of it though. Once you can't use the liquorice any more, I then swap to my finger. :p

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Huh? Admittedly, it's been a very long time since I've had a sherbert fountain (probably very early '90s), but I'm 99% certain the licorice stick used to be solid.

Sounds like a case of reducing the content to me.