What's new

best roller coaster game (other than NoLimts2)

best roller coaster game

• Total voters

CoasterGoji_501

Roller Poster
So an idea recently came and wanted to see which roller coaster game is the best.

Personally for me its tied With roblox's Theme park tycoon 2 and Planet coaster.

(YES im aware NoLimts2 is not included because we all know that would dominate the poll)

emoo

Hyper Poster
There's been a lot of polls lately with an assumed winner excluded. If you want info confirm your assumptions by including in the poll and find out the true answer from the limited pool available.

CoasterGoji_501

Roller Poster
There's been a lot of polls lately with an assumed winner excluded. If you want info confirm your assumptions by including in the poll and find out the true answer from the limited pool available.
i also dont consider NoLimits2 a true roller coaster game, its much closer to an actual profeshional coaster simulator simply because its that. manufactures like Gravity Group use NL2 as their main source to simulate how a layout of theirs will work.

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
manufactures like Gravity Group use NL2 as their main source to simulate how a layout of theirs will work.
This just isn’t the case. They might use NoLimits Pro to create marketing renders of their rides, but nothing in terms of the ride layout is actually designed in NoLimits.

CoasterGoji_501

Roller Poster
Ultimate coaster 2...free to download on mobile. Runs without wifi. Newly added scenery. Not a real big amount of time used...View attachment 27089View attachment 27090
TBH i LOVE UCX but my god its hella pay to win. i was P!SSED when i had to spend 40 bucks just to get all of the GOOD coasters. and on the inverted type coasters you can even change how the heartlining is reversed. other than that its my favorite mobile game (but not NEARLY my favorite coaster game in general)

Sandman

Giga Poster
A difficult choice. I suppose it mainly just comes down to personal preference, but it's hard to argue between any of the first 3 RCT games or Planet Coaster.

Strathven

Roller Poster
I would like to write in Ultimate Ride! I used to play that sooooo much as a kid, competitive with RCT3, and I think it left more of an impression on me. As a coaster building game it's pretty limited, but it has the absolute best vibes, building coasters outside the context of theme parks and putting them in fantasy places like asteroids, or lava-filled caverns, or the inside of a gigantic, featureless cube, all set to eerie, vaguely sinister music by Jack Wall.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
RCT2 is, was and always will be the best 'pound for pound' game.

It still holds up now on RCT Classic. Although that's because I'm so used to the game mechanics. Not sure how it would hold up to a new user.

Planet Coaster has been brilliant though.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
To be clear, anyone not voting for RCT2 or OpenRCT will be grounds for banning from the forum. We don't welcome that kind of company around here.