What's new

Best-Paced Coaster You've Ridden

BBH

Giga Poster
Simple enough. For me, it's Outlaw Run. That thing just goes balls-out from beginning to end. You hit the lift and it's non-stop right up until the brakes.

"What's the best-paced coaster you've ridden?" he said directly quoting the topic title.

Hobbes

Mega Poster
BBH said:
"What's the best-paced coaster you've ridden?" he said directly quoting the topic title.
Incorrect. The topic title clearly does not contain the phrase "What's the" :p

All jokes aside, I thought El Toro's pacing was pretty good. It seemed to end at that perfect point where the ride feels like it hasn't lost any momentum. I hate when rides seem to just meander at the end. I could say the same about Batman as well.

My award for crappiest pacing goes to Superman Ultimate Flight.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I would say Millennium Force. I felt it was perfectly paced every second, but then again I prefer it's more calm feel to say El Toro's crazy feel and pacing. I also really love THead's pacing.

I would say worst goes to probably Beast, sadly. I love it but, man! That's pretty bad pacing.

therick311

Mega Poster
Hobbes said:
My award for crappiest pacing goes to Superman Ultimate Flight.
I'm assuming you're talking about the B&M flyer. I agree, that thing might as well be called pretzel loop: the ride.

As for best paced, I'll go with Prowler.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I'm a big fan of rides that build speed throughout the ride, so Bandit is way up for me on this.

...and for a Togo, there's only one sketchy transition towards the end when the ride is really cooking and has to do a hairpin turn in a far corner of the park.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Boulder Dash takes it. Never seems to slow down.

I'd give an honorable mentions to Bizarro though.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Outlaw Run would be a very good candidate.

Ravine Flyer II as well.

Darren B

Giga Poster
Thunderbird at Powerpark. Doesn't let up until it slams you into the break run. Troy get an honourable mention too, That just gets faster and faster as the ride goes on.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Wooden coasters:

Most GCI's I have ridden especially Troy
Tonnerre de Zeus when running really well.

Steel Coasters:

Black Mamba Has Flawless pacing for an invert
Nemesis also has very good pacing
A few other inverts such as Katun and Batman

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Ravine Flyer or Thunderhead... Both are pretty exceptionally relentless, but they end at the right time, unlike Voyage, which is too long.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

jolash

Mega Poster
Joey said:
Ravine Flyer or Thunderhead... Both are pretty exceptionally relentless, but they end at the right time, unlike Voyage, which is too long.

Thunderhead absolutely.

I agree about Voyage though. Maybe that's the reason I didn't care for it.

There are actually a lot of rides that finish with loads of speed that most would consider "relentless" and that they "never let up", but I see that as a lot of momentum wasted. I'm looking at you, giga coasters.

mistermister

Roller Poster
Im not so sure about a good one, but the Flight of Fear / Jokers Jinx clones are pretty bad. Half the time you are going ridiculously slow while the train is banked a ton, and the entire middle of the ride does absolutely nothing...