What's new

Best Intamins

ThomVD

Giga Poster
furie said:
ThomVD said:
furie said:
3001. Furius Baco

I thought you quite liked the launch. Isn't a brilliant launch enough to not completely hate it, especially if the rest of the ride is only like 20 seconds long? Is the rest really that unbearable?

I had a girlfriend once that liked to tickle my nuts for a few seconds before beating me unconscious with a baseball bat.

While that was preferable to Baco, I still don't list her anywhere other than the bottom of my list of shags just because she did the best nut tickling ;)

Yes, the rest really was that unbearable. From the first turn to the brakes, it was like being back in that bedroom and hearing the fateful words "I've coming to bed, and I have a duck feather and big Bertha, get the Savlon ready..."

Love the comparisons :) . I guess I'll have to see for myself when I visit PA. I used to rank Xpress really high because it was the only launch I had done and I absolutely loved it. The rest of the ride is basically crap as well. Not even close as rough though probably, although Xpress does have the worst trains I've ever seen on a coaster.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
In all seriousness, I hope you get a good seat and the ride appeals. I wouldn't wish the rides I had on it on my worst enemies. It really is that chalk and cheese though. It's either going to give you a mind blowing ride and you'll adore it, or it's going to rape your spine and brain and leave you hating it.

marc

CF Legend
The best time to ride Baco is in the evening when the water show is on :) lol.

Just joking as that's when it's shut but it gave us a good laugh.

My favourite ride by them is a mega lite.

Followed by California Screaming.

I like the launch coasters but I just find the rest of the ride is a none event.

Only done two of their woodies, one was excellent collosos the other one was average at best.

Like Furie I hated Baco due to the pain.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I'm guessing the front seat on the inside is the place to be on Baco. Is it worth waiting for?

Well, my friend is a way bigger weakling when it comes to pain on coasters, so I guess I would let him sit on the inside, and I'd go on the outside, I don't want to ruin his day.

Is it worse than El Condor by the way? Because I don't actually find that one unbearable. The bumpiness does distract me from having fun, but if it would have a fantastic launch at first, I wouldn't mind riding the rest of it, and I would still like the coaster overall.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I honestly can't think of another ride worse than Baco. SLCs are a charm compared to it, even back row of Coney Island Cyclone is like sitting in a comfortable seat in comparison.

Obviously in the seats I've ridden in... ;)

Darren B

Giga Poster
furie said:
I honestly can't think of another ride worse than Baco. SLCs are a charm compared to it, even back row of Coney Island Cyclone is like sitting in a comfortable seat in comparison.

I find it strange that you loath Baco but enjoy the Grand National, whereas for me I really can't stand GN due to the extremely painful spine adjustment it gives out, but Baco, I love!

One of us is extremely warped in their views, I suspect that's me ;)

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Well I love Th13teen for it's simple thrill. I know no one here will agree.

Colossus is also a very good rollercoaster...in the summer, it is just too rattly when it's cold.

So I'm gonna have to say Th13teen. I'm expecting insults ;)

Darren B

Giga Poster
Jordanovichy said:
Well I love Th13teen for it's simple thrill. I know no one here will agree.

Colossus is also a very good rollercoaster...in the summer, it is just too rattly when it's cold.

So I'm gonna have to say Th13teen. I'm expecting insults ;)

Th13teen is a really good family coaster, the advertising of the ride is awful but that's got nothing to do with Intamin.

I had a really good ride on it at GF on the back row with Vadge, and she even noticed some fanny flutter! The ride is a winner in my books, and maybe the second best Intamin in the UK? behind Stealth.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Woo someone does agree. The problem with Stealth for me is that it has speed...and that's it. Yes I know you want that from a coaster. I want to try coasters like Kingda Ka and other Intamin Accelerators but I think I'll have the same problem. A loop at the end would be nice, it being a wing rider would be awesome. Just needs something else.

In saying all this I do like stealth, it is a very thrilling coaster. I just enjoy th13teen more.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Darren B said:
The ride is a winner in my books, and maybe the second best Intamin in the UK? behind Stealth.

Unfortunately this just highlights the issue with the Intamin installations in the UK. We have one European class coaster in Stealth in my opinion, none of the other 4 here are anything to write home about. They may have the been "1st" of their kind, but mostly, they are gimmicks.
Just look at Germany, who have GeForce and Colossos, two world renowned coasters, we have Th13teen and Shockwave.

Th13teen is a great family coaster, three different sections which make the family of 4 happy, as seen by it's rather large queue most of the time. I personally class it in the middle of the 5 with Thorpe's taking the top, but compared with Europe, the US and Asia, it sucks.

Jordan - Stealth is unique in this country as the adrenalin rush due to a near perfect launch can't be beaten on this island (Baco/Ispeed may be better launches, I don't know), add the top hat and airtime over both the top hat and the hill it actually provides what I like in coasters. Yeah it's short as hell, and braked waaaay to early but walk on Stealth = Awesome day.
To compare, TTD is the better coaster, but not by a huge margin, I was disappointed. Storm Runner however, is fab, as it combines stealth + a couple of inversions.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Darren B said:
furie said:

I find it strange that you loath Baco but enjoy the Grand National, whereas for me I really can't stand GN due to the extremely painful spine adjustment it gives out, but Baco, I love!

On a bad run on The Nash, it's really awful - but there's still a lot of fun before it cripples you. The thing is, I've had mixed runs on The Nash. I can ride once and it's stunning, then the next run it's utter gash.

I've only ever had awful runs on Baco, and the pain I find much worse, plus there's nothing pleasant once you're past the launch. It's just corner, invert, corner. I'd like to say Rita has better forces and a better layout, but I was in too much agony on Baco to actually measure the forces in any meaningful way.
Literally, my recollection of Baco is "Wheeeeee. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Brakes"

The Nash (on a bad run), it's "Wheee. ARRRGH. Wheee. ARGH. Wheee. ARRRRRRRGHHHHHWheeee. Arrrgh. Wheee. Argh. Argh. Argh. Argh. Brakes".

Stealth for me is an odd one. I find the launch a real buzz, but it's over so fast and it does nothing else. It just doesn't really do much for me. It's odd, because it does more than Oblivion which I adore. I'm definitely not right in the head on that one.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
ThomVD said:
I'm guessing the front seat on the inside is the place to be on Baco. Is it worth waiting for?

Nope, not even the front row is safe... Baco truly is the most woeful ride in existant, and I rode 3 Kumbak refurbed Wooden coasters this year!

As for the good Intamins:

- JOYvelen
- TTD
- Piraten
- Maverick/iSpeed
- Wicked Twister/Other Impulses

Erm... Yeah, most are just kind of... around in a way? Most have a lovely first drop/launch but then the rest of the layout is either dull or just plain rubbish... To me, so many Intamins are just average and nowhere near the amazing levels they are seen as (EGF, Colossos, MF are some examples)... They also can't design OTSRs to save their lives, though they are changing this by not having them on most things anymore...

The UK Intamins are extremely crap though... Bar Thirteen's drop/backwards bit...
Even after doing a few more LSM launches (including their own) I prefer those to the Hydraulic versions...

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Darren B said:

I obviously can't speak for Baco but GN is number two in my least favourite coasters. I died. It was absolutely horrible horrible horrible. (Not quite as bad as The Wild Mouse there but I believe ECG would disagree ;) )

furie said:
Stealth for me is an odd one. I find the launch a real buzz, but it's over so fast and it does nothing else. It just doesn't really do much for me. It's odd, because it does more than Oblivion which I adore. I'm definitely not right in the head on that one.

I hadn't thought of that but I agree. I'd much prefer to ride Oblivion 100 times than Stealth. Oblivion goes on longer and the suspense of the lift hill and slowly going round the top really makes it. Plus the near vertical drop, nah I like Oblivion.

D1993

Hyper Poster
I know it's the usual response, but my favourites have to be Intimidator 305 and Bizarro.
Also others that aren't usually as popular or well reviewed that I personally really really enjoy are Superman Escape at Warner Bros Movieworld and Superman ride of steel at Six Flags America.
I am particularly fond of those airtime hills on superman.

bmac

Giga Poster
If Maverick had i305's restraints it'd probably be in my top 3. Besides that my favorite Intamin is El Toro.

AirtimeFreak

Mega Poster
There is so much hate for Furious Baco on here! Yeah it's a pretty rough coaster but the launch in the front row makes up for all of that in my opinion. I cant believe people come off of there with genuine pain, maybe a little head rattle but any serious pain, i doubt that!

Stealth's my favourite Intamin, bearing in mind that other than Baco I've only ridden them in the UK. The megalite's and longer accelerator's look like serious coasters and would love to get on a few of them!