What's new

Best head/foot choppers

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Have you been on any coasters with foot choppers that made you lift your feet up or head choppers that made you duck? Share below and try and get pictures if you can!

I'll get it started...

Blackpool Wild Mouse (couldn't find picture of the bit I'm talking about :? )

I think Wild Mouse's lift hill has the best head chopper ever. The reason for this is because you have to duck or you will hit your head on the track above unless you are short.

Vampire at Chessington WOA

Dreadful capacity but very fun. Has some foot choppers that make you think your feet are actually going to hit the branches.

66STuqb.png

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
My favourite head-chopper is probably the one on Phantom's Revenge:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRNK8T7ya_g[/youtube]

Coming over that first hill and seeing the seemingly tiny hole in the structure of Thunderbolt way down below in the valley is quite the feeling. As the train accelerates (very rapidly) you realise that the hole actually is rather small! Next thing, woosh! You're through the hole and racing round the corner and up the next hill. You get a pretty incredible sense of how steep the drop is from the start of the Thunderbolt POV:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJAk9TYtDGY[/youtube]

As for foot-choppers, the front row view of the zero-g-roll on Nemesis is pretty nice. Tearing down through the helix, and then pulling up into the zero-g-roll is pretty great in the front row. Can't really think of any other amazing ones off the top of my head...

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Magnum XL 200's tunnels
Bizarro at SFNE's tunnel
El Toro
Cyclone @ Coney Island
Phantoms Revenge
Steel Force's tunnel

The only footchopper I can think of his Alpengeist. It gets so close to the ground on a couple parts it makes you lift your feet up.

BBH

Giga Poster
X-Flight's Keyhole
Goliath's Dive Loop
Outlaw Run's overbank through the lift hill

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Twister in Gröna Lund is full of fantastic headchoppers. GCI woodies do the trick too. Of course Black Mamba is full of footchoppers.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Space Mountain at the Magic Kingdom, head choppers to the extreme because it's dark and you don't see them until they're actually over your head! They actually make the ride in my opinion.

Mike

Giga Poster
^ I would never hold my hands up on Space Mountain, as they'd more than likely me chopped off!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Beast's tunnel for the double helix finale is one of the tightest fits you will ever find on a roller coaster. Quite terrifying if you try to keep your hands up.

Dueling Dragon's glory days of actual dueling led to some great foot choppers during the zero-g cross over and double vertical loop. I also recall Hungarian Horntail having a great foot chopper element during the cobra roll, which passes closely to the station structure.

Maverix

Mega Poster
^ I can actually hit my hands on the side of the tunnel, just barely, but that's what happens when you're 6'3" with a 6'7" wingspan...

To add to the conversation, the low beam on Gemini, blue side comes to mind right away.

Hobbes

Mega Poster
El Toro definitely has some nice head choppers.

If you're sitting in the back right section of Sheikra, there's a nice head chopper coming out of the immelmann. You pass under the MCBR, which combined with the floater from the immelmann is a nice element.

For foot choppers, only Alpengeist comes to mind. There were one or two nice ones throughout the layout.

implode

Roller Poster
Maverix said:
To add to the conversation, the low beam on Gemini, blue side comes to mind right away.

Came here to post that one. And although it's not a chopper, I swear you can run your hands along the ground on the Whizzed at sfgam. I've just been too chicken to try.

BBH

Giga Poster
implode said:
Maverix said:

Came here to post that one. And although it's not a chopper, I swear you can run your hands along the ground on the Whizzed at sfgam. I've just been too chicken to try.

I can hit pretty much every tree near the track, and the ground also. That ride is so fab. <<<<3

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Outer seat, Left wing on X Flight's final helix. You can just reach out, an almost catch a blade of grass.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
The first inversion on Raptor (Gardaland)
The entrance to the ampersand on Shambhala.
Oblivion's hole (if you're sitting on the far ends)