What's new

Best coaster at night?

A

Anonymous

Gotta be Magnum XL-200 for me. Just took my breath away - Having never run during the day I can't say it is as good but I would say probably not

nadroJ

CF Legend
Dragon Kahn, that was just amazing at night.
And BTM at DLP, that was so much funly, largely due to the fact that the ride had no queue, something I've never experience before.

carolinacoasterfreak

Roller Poster
My first choice is Apollo's Charriot its just amazing flying through the track and being back in the darkness of the park. Dueling Dragons and The Hulk are also awesome to ride at night because of the different things that Universal usually has going on at night.

A

Anonymous

For me, it either has to be. Nemesis Inferno, or Megafobia, dont make me choose between the two though =P

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Since I have a new favorite 'coaster after dark' I thought I'd let you all know it's California Screamin'. The coaster with it's surroundings & all the colorful lights is just gorgeous at night.

marc

CF Legend
100% agree with you there, just a shame the wheel was down or was it still lit up.

Its amazing how different that coaster is at night, simply due to all the lights in the park.

Jools

Giga Poster
I love Nemesis Inferno at night! The only coasters I've ridden at night are:
Colossus, Nemesis Inferno, Big One, Revo, Avalanche, Gran National and Rollercoaster.

Nemesis Inferno was the best!

carolinacoasterfreak

Roller Poster
Okay I can see how all these coasters would be fun at night, but which do you perfer: riding through pitch dark with some lights, like Apollo's Charriot, or riding through different parts with different lighting, like California Screamin'?

Ollie

CF Legend
Megafobia is great at night. So is Colossus.

But nothing can beat Black Hole at night (before Alton removed it). :p

Mark

Strata Poster
California Screamin' at night with all its lights on becomes a whole different coaster. It is simply even more fantastic then what it is during the day. I much prefer funky fairground lighting at nights as appose to total pitch black. Or some nice moody greens and blues, a la Thorpe at Fright Nites.

A

Anonymous

I haven't ridden very many coasters, especially at night, so I don't know about best but Expedition Everest at night was really fun, especially since I sat in the very back!

A

Anonymous

i havnt been on many at night, only ones at thorpe...but stealth has to win it for me :) nemesis inferno close at 2nd thoughh.

Whoever said X/NWO needs a slap :lol:

nemesisamazing

Roller Poster
Now don't take this the wrong way cos nemesis is my favourite ride but the pepsi max big 1+infusion look stunning in the night because of just the vibrant colours and lighting X rant over X

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Beast is the most incredible experience at night, it's hard to believe it's the same coaster.

Pepsi Max Big one can have a close second.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Another good one is Lightning Racer. How can you beat racing your friends around the track with all those chasers surrounding you?