Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
nadroJ said:
furie said:
Automagic baggage holds a la Europa Park. OMG! Best. Thing. EVER!!!!

I'd argue that they come under the 'chuck your stuff and hope it doesn't get robbed' option ;]

Butbutbut...

a) They open magically on their own for the correct trains
b) This isn't Thorpe, I'm not worried about getting robbed
c) THEY OPEN MAGICALLY ON THEIR OWN!!!!!!!!

;)

madhjsp said:
Kings Dominion also does this for Volcano, but that's it. Not sure why they only do it for that one ride, but I agree, it is the best system I've seen.

It's because you unload in a different area to where you get on. So it was (it's being changed isn't it?) the only way of dealing with it.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Gazza said:
Why isn't free locker on this poll? Like at Universal parks?

Because I wrote the poll in a matter of seconds and didn't have time to research every park and carefully analyse their bag holding situation? I just put the first 4 that popped into my head, sorry about that. Should have put an 'Other' option, silly me.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I have no choice but to take my bag on the ride and support it using the snug fitting gusset that comes with my underwear.

Mark

Strata Poster
Yeah the American Disney parks are the same... Take it all on with you.

I like the bag office, but it can be a bit of a faff sometimes. All the options can I guess. I quite like the free for a certain amount of time lockers except for when the queue is longer than anticipated so you end up having to pay. Or worse, when they start clearing them out at park closing whilst you are still on Men In Black and then they have the nerve to have a go at me for using the locker??? Erm, when I joined the queue the park was still open... hush ya gums.

I don't mind taking them on ride with me, but I can't help think it is only a matter of time before something terrible happens and endangers others etc.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Yeah the bag office is best, even though they can be a bit faffy, I feel my stuff is safest using this option.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Or worse, when they start clearing them out at park closing whilst you are still on Men In Black and then they have the nerve to have a go at me for using the locker??? Erm, when I joined the queue the park was still open... hush ya gums.
'
I've had it at SFoT where I was on one of the last trains of the day at New Texa Giant, and they actually took my stuff out of the locker and I was freaking out because I had my wallet/cards with me, and was traveling solo
Turns out they just empty the lockers and take it to the security office, which is a bit rude. Why not wait until the last guests are gone instead of scaring people like that.

Because I wrote the poll in a matter of seconds and didn't have time to research every park and carefully analyse their bag holding situation?
It's a pretty common and well known solution though (heck the smart lockers are even mentioned in the sorting hat poem on Forbidden Journey)
Not something requiring careful analysis and research smartarse.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I always assumed the reason Disney make you take your stuff with you is because the have no fear of impending charges against them? And any rare h&s hazard is far outweighed by the benefits to operation?

All other parks have an outrageously over the top paranoia about loose articles.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^I see it more as Disney actually being sensible, rather than simply not caring about lawsuits. How many loose article "incidents" have they're actually been at Disney, or at any park for that matter? The only thing I can think of is the Dueling Dragons thing at Universal, which seems deliberate on the part of the guests anyway.

Clearly, it's not feasable to take bags on to a lot of coasters: inverts (though I have taken a bag onto one, without incident), flyers, airtime machines etc. However, there are plenty of coasters, including most traditional loopers, where shoving a bag on the floor, or in some kind of pouch, wouldn't be an issue. Disney recognise this and act accordingly.

As "ingenious" as the bag offices may be, does Thirteen actually warrent one? I'd argue that a bag would be perfectly safe just shoved on the floor of the train.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I agree on a personal level, but loose article "incidents" are actually really common.

I'm talking about loose articles falling from rides. Any article for any reason which causes or fails to cause an injury. Because, simply dropping something essential, like say glasses, a hearing aid, car keys, shoes, etc, is a whole different issue caused by the same problem. Yet, all these items are usually taken on at even the strictest parks. And you could argue that all these items are more likely to be dropped than a bag.

If you look into any of the nets, certainly at Merlin parks, you'll see how often an occurence it is.

There's another issue too. Restraints. Many bags which are not loose (cameras on belts or bum bags) get in the way of them.

Thinking about it Gavin, I bet you're right. I think a lot if it has to do with Disney rides being contained too, usually indoors, rarely passing over paths. So the risk of hurting guests off ride, which is a very real problem elsewhere, is eliminated?

What is rare is an article falling and injuring another rider on board.

Most parks do however gave blanket policies to avoid confusion and reduce unforeseen incidents, I guess.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

reddude333

Giga Poster
My personal favorite is the ones where they have cubbies (sp?) and there are two sets at the station. There is a sliding door that covers half the cubbies during one train and then switches to the second for the next train. It ensures that your stuff is covered the whole time you are on the ride reducing the chance of theft.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
My favorite are actually the bag holders on Vampire. Not just because they are shaped like coffins (amazing!), but also because there are tipped at an angle and sometimes located right next to the stairs, so if you ride in the right place you can just jump out, grab your bag, and leave in a matter of seconds.

I like the ones at Cedar Fair parks, because you can just chuck your stuff into the bins and you don't really have to worry about it being stolen since they organize it by train.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Fuji-Q style loses hands down.

Key lockers with wristband keys on the unload side of the station = painfully slow cycle times.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I second/third the Europa Park magic bag holders of joy... Especially how it looked like they could do offloading and onloading separate cupboards on Blue Fire...

I also adored the rotating bucket of automation on iSpeed/Desert Race, that was pretty cool and removed any issue of losing bags because they were completely hidden from view...

The bag drops are a good idea, but do fail in some aspects, see Swarm's queue to retrieve your bag... That's awfully run...

Tomatron

Giga Poster
The bag offices at Alton and Thorpe are a great idea, but it would be better if they put they further away from the queues, so there's less faff just before you get on the ride.

Bag ladies are a solid second.