What's new

Best and Worst Coaster Names?

Dan?

Roller Poster
Best
Air - simple, understated, classy. Good backronym there too.
Nemesis - even saying it sounds intense.
Skyrush - does what it says on the tin.
Titan - somehow those Giovanola hypers look larger than life. Good fit.
Maverick - just sounds badass
Wildfire - see above

Worst
Anything that has "2", "New" or insert-adjective-plus-old-coaster-name. Not everyone's gonna get it, so to those out of the loop it sounds stupid.
Twisted Colossus - see above, but this one's particularly cumbersome to say.
Sik - do I need to explain this?
Invertigo & Déjà Vu - it just feels so dated now
Psyclone - Just another case of weird spelling in order to look "edgy" or "cool".
Anything: The Ride - see every time anyone's made a "The Anything: The Ride: The Coaster" joke

Best:

Mako
Ghostrider
Tatsu
Railblazer
Nemesis
Stealth
Intimidator
Afterburn
Emporer
Acrobat
Twisted Timbers
Maverick
Raptor
Karnan
Voltron
Wodan
Lightningrod
Thunderhead
Montu
Shiekra
Iron Rattler
Scream
X2

Worst:

Goldstriker
Any DC name
Blue Fire
Hades 360
Orion
Hurler
Kong
Iron Gwazi

Strathven

Roller Poster
I think my favorite coaster name is probably "Steel Eel." It's just fun to say, it's kind of cute, and a little bit whimsical while describing a ride that is actually fairly large and intense. I also really like "Millennium Force" for the opposite reason; it sounds grand and dramatic, which fits the ride perfectly.

My least favorite is...I don't know, maybe Superman: Krypton Coaster. It's absolutely one of my favorite rides, but I already don't like the Six Flags thing where they name roller coasters after comic book characters, and in this particular case it means they have a big sign saying "TRUTH, JUSTICE, AND THE AMERICAN WAY" inside a part of the park themed to Germany.